30 Gift Ideas That Aren’t Books for Every Book Lover on Your List
If your SO’s apartment is completely decked out with book paraphernalia, or your new bestie has a travel bucket list of indie bookstores, then you might have to get a little creative when it comes to holiday gifting. Sure, giving them a book is easy, but getting something that celebrates their love for reading is extra fun. Check out these 30 literary-inspired gifts certain to please any book lover this holiday.
1. Oscar Wilde Pocket Mirror ($4): For the person who can quote The Importance of Being Earnest from memory, this pocket mirror is for you. Elegantly printed with Oscar Wilde’s famous wishlist, it’s sure to make primping more pleasurable.
2. Classic Books Coaster Set ($25): Toast the classics with this coaster set featuring some of the world’s most famous literature. It’s perfect for the hardcore Hemingway fan.
3. Alice in Wonderland Book Scarf ($48): Go ahead, go down the rabbit hole. The owner of this handmade, 100% cotton infinity scarf (with your favorite Lewis Carroll quote, of course) will look fabulous no matter where they end up.
4. I Love to Sail Moby Dick Necklace ($24): Give the gift of adventure (without the monomaniacal captain) this holiday season with this 14k gold-plated (and lead free!) Moby Dick-inspired necklace. For bonus points, make out the gift to Ishmael.
5. Quotation Earrings ($10): This one’s for the person in your life who constantly reminds you that you’re using the word “quote” wrong (quote being a verb, and quotation being a noun). These laser-cut stunners are made from shiny acrylic with silver-plated studs and come in your choice of black or gold.
6. Book Brooch ($12): Beautifully crafted out of an East London garden studio, these wood book brooches scream “ask me what I’m reading.”
7. Drink Tea and Read Books Typograhic Tote Bag ($16): Every book lover needs a good book bag, and this ultra-cute tote might just become a new fave. If you’re feeling really generous, pack it with Earl Gray and Mindy Kaling’s new must-read.
8. Composition Notebook Pouch ($12): It’s vintage, darling. This adaptable pouch is a must for any composed outfit.
9. Quotation Marks Bookends ($168): These brushed aluminum quotation mark bookends will make any book lover drool — and yes, you can quote us on that.
10. Stacked Paperback Wallpaper ($248): For the book lover turned home decorator, this stylish paperback wallpaper is a must.
11. Read. Eat. Sleep. Repeat. Throw Pillow ($25): Get comfy with this double-sided and brutally honest throw.
12. Old Books Soy Candle Book Lovers’ Scented Soy ($16): Someone has finally perfected the scent of leafing through well-loved books. Gift it before it’s gone!
13. Moleskine Booklight ($20): We all have a Moleskine addict in our life. For the person who has every planner, journal and notepad available, gift their signature booklight, available in six bright colors.
14. Read More Books Print ($9): Books are a lifestyle, not an object. This poster is a reminder to all book lovers to do more of what you love.
15. Literary Book Themed Temporary Tattoos ($8): These literary-themed temporary tats make great stocking stuffers. They feature quotes from lit legends like Oscar Wilde and Jane Austen.
16. Tiny Red White Polka Dot Book Ring ($13): Not only is this polka-dotted book ring super cute, handmade and adjustable, but you can actually write inside it too! Happy journaling.
17. Oscar Wilde Print Poster ($16): Get Wilde with this custom print by Amanda Catherine Designs.
18. Reading Is Sexy Mug ($15): This unbreakable mug made from 100 percent biodegradable corn plastic reveals a long-held secret: Reading is sexy.
19. DODOcase Classic for iPad ($65): If your friend is straddling the ebook versus print book debate, dress up their iPad in its original form for the holidays.
20. SPEW Donations Accepted Here Sock Hanger ($40): The holidays are all about giving, and what better way to spread holiday cheer than by donating your unmatched socks to SPEW? House Elves everywhere thank you for your charitable gift.
21. Book Plate Stamp Activity Kit ($19): This library stamping kit is a must-have for any book lender. Each kit includes a rubber stamp, a green colored pencil and a green all-surface ink pad.
22. Use Your Library More Often Vintage Wall Art Print ($180): For the recent grad or the achieving scholar, this vintage wall print is sure to inspire. The matte paper and high-quality ink looks great both framed and au natural.
23. The Little Prince Necklace ($195): “All grown-ups were once children… but only few of them remember it.” Give the gift of nostalgia with this Antione de Saint-Exupery-inspired necklace.
24. Literary Britain Map Print ($25): This original design from Geoff Sawers features hand-lettering of 183 authors in an original, geographically linked design. Gift it with a novel by one of the 183 authors and watch your book lover explode.
25. Custom Address Stamp ($44): Make sure your books never get lost with this fully customizable address stamp in six cute styles.
26. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland Book Poster ($25): Alice’s biggest fan deserves this 24 x 36-inch lithograph, made from the full text of both Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
27. Books Turn Muggles into Wizards Tee ($22): Accio, tee! This Harry Potter Alliance tee is printed on American Apparel shirts and sewn by freed house elves that are fairly employed. All proceeds are donated to the Harry Potter Alliance.
28. So Many Books, So Little Time Poster ($10): There’s a certain agony that comes with having too many books and not enough time in the day to read them. Gift this Risa Rodil original to anyone who has the “I’d rather be reading” blues.
29. Ampersands Poster ($10): Celebrate the holidays and the glorious ampersand with this design-friendly print featuring fonts that begin with every letter of the alphabet.
30. The Phantom Tollbooth Sweatshirt ($42): You can totally rescue Princess Rhyme and Princess Reason from a castle in the air in this distressed crew neck. It’s made from a super soft poly-cotton blend in the good ol’ USA.
Which book-lover gift are you adding to your wish list? Let us know in the comments!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.