11 Subscription Boxes to Gift Your Book-Loving Mom on Mother’s Day
It’s hard to find the perfect gift for Mom if you’re going beyond a boring flower bouquet. Sure, you could always give her a DIY gift or put together the ultimate Mother’s Day care package, but why not give her something that really celebrates her interests? If your mom’s idea of the perfect day is a long soak and a good read, check out these 11 bibliophile subscription boxes. Hand over the confirmation in a book mom will love for a day-of win. Then she’ll be reminded of just how much you care whenever she gets that monthly delivery.
1. The Book Drop: If your mom isn’t into all that clutter (perhaps she’s read Marie Kondo a little too frequently), check out this monthly box. Simply pick a category — their most popular ones are Jane Austen and Young Adult — and she’ll receive an amazing read delivered to her door once a month without a single hassle. (via The Book Drop)
2. The Bookworm Box: The demand for this rockstar literary box is so high, new spots each month sell out within minutes. Not only does each box come with two autographed books, a bookworm item and fun book swag, but 100 percent of the profits go to charity. Double win!
3. Cozy Reader Club: Give your leading lady the goods to enjoy a little me time this Mother’s Day with a subscription to this monthly box. Featuring a recently released women’s fiction novel, artisanal beverages, handmade items and gourmet handcrafted treats, it’s the perfect way to send some R&R by mail. (via Cozy Reader Club)
4. Uppercase Box: If your mom loves good YA fiction, she’ll swoon for this carefully curated box. Pairing the hottest YA read with cutesy bookish trinkets, like adorable prints and keychains, this monthly subscription will definitely have her anxiously tracking her next box. (via Uppercase Box)
5. Lit Cube: With themed boxes every month — like Through the Looking Glass and Zombies — Lit Cube is a great subscription option for your bibliophile mom. Each box includes a book and bookish swag (you’re probably going to have to enter your momma’s t-shirt size, FYI) for maximum entertainment.
6. Bookcase.Club: With options starting at just 10 bucks per month, this book delivery service is the perfect budget-friendly gift. Simply choose which type of reader your mom is (options include the Thrill Seeker Case for mysteries and the Bling Date Case for romance novels), and she’ll receive two carefully curated books every single month.
7. Once Upon a Bookcase: If your mom is a techy book nerd, this just might be the unique subscription box you’ve been looking for. After putting in your mom’s phone model and style, she’ll receive a cool book cover phone case along with two to three book-themed trinkets in every monthly box. (via Once Upon a Bookcase)
8. Bubbles and Books Box: If your mom loves romance novels, this 18+ box just might be the perfect way to give her exactly what she wants while avoiding some dirty glances at your local bookstore. Pairing saucy romance titles with a full-sized bar of handcrafted artisanal soap, this box is sure to delight your Harlequin-loving momma. (via Dixie Dolls Glow)
9. Novel Tea Club: Pun enthusiasts will love this cheeky subscription box, which includes a novel, a delicious beverage and a secret extra gift. All books are pre-read by the owner before shipping out, so you know they’re going to be well worth the read. (via Novel Tea Club)
10. Book Riot: Young Adult: Although this box by Quarterly Co. is pricier than other options at $50 per package, it’s definitely worth the pretty penny once you see what’s inside. They won’t tell you what’s packed in each box before shipping it (because spoilers, people!), but previous boxes have included bestselling novels, artisan bookish swag, coloring books, prints and so much more. (via Quarterly Co.)
View this post on Instagram
I got my #bookishbox in my epic #mailhaul the other day and it never fails to impress!! This month's theme was Debut Authors and it contained: •Pillow cover designed by @eviebookish with a quote from An Ember in the Ashes •Quote bath bomb by @dabombfizzers (which I'm super excited about because I've never tried a bath bomb!) •Beautiful bookish earrings by @lulabelleandco •A sweet little book of sticky notes and page flags by @appraisingpages •And of course, a beautifully designed shirt by @appraisingpages inspired by Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon •Plus a little extra: knuckle tattoos inspired by Kill The Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky April's @thebookishbox theme is Villains so be sure to sign up, there aren't many spots left!
A post shared by Elizabeth-☕️📚🇺🇸 (@bookishconnoisseur) on
11. The Bookish Box: Does your momma wear her current read on her sleeve? In this adorable box, each customer will receive a bookish tee along with three to five home, beauty and fashion goodies.
Do you use a subscription box service? Let us know your faves by mentioning @BritandCo on Twitter.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured image via Getty)
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.