75 Chic Necklaces You Can DIY
It’s no secret that we’re suckers for a good statement necklace. What we really love about a great piece of jewelry is that it takes any outfit to the next level. So the next time you’re having a lazy-girl day, quell your fashion faux pas fears because a good necklace can fix any fashion emergency, including a jeans-and-oversize-sweater every-day-this-week type of situation. You’ve already learned the secrets of how to layer necklaces like a pro, so DIY a couple of these pieces and get ready to make a powerful fashion statement.
7. Tassel Necklace: There’s that friendship bracelet you got in the eighth grade, a ring from your SO and now this tassel necklace that you’ll never want to take off. Tassels are such a tasteful way to make a statement. (via A Pair and a Spare)
8. Chevron + Chain Necklace: It’s time to put on something preppy. We’re always looking for ways to liven up our jewelry collection, and this piece of eye-candy is just perfect. (via Stripes and Sequins)
10. Kate Spade-Inspired Floral Necklace: This pretty pop ‘o color will give you a dose of just what you need to beat the winter blues. Celebrate your love for spring and all things blooming with this girly Kate Spade-inspired piece. (via Bromelaid)
13. Neon Necklace: The inspiration behind this necklace: a $144 Adida Kabur stunner. All you need to make it are two items and around $20. No one will guess you didn’t break the bank. (via The Glitter Guide)
17. Flirty Fringe Necklace: Your favorite old tee will still be your favorite wearable after it’s repurposed into a piece of flirty jewelry. Click through to find out how Brit turned three tees into 15 pieces of jewelry. (via Brit + Co)
18. Simple Beaded Necklace: Trends come and go, but some things, like turquoise jewelry, never go out of style. This standby necklace will be your go-to accessory when you need a pop of color. (via A Beautiful Mess)
26. Ribbon Wrapped Chain Necklace: Sometimes we like our jewelry big and sparkly, and other times, the occasion calls for understated glam. The best part about this necklace: it’s a great mix ‘n match piece to pair with other necklaces of varying lengths. (via I Spy DIY)
35. Scarf to Statement Necklace: Turns out that scarves are the only accessory you really need. Follow the link to find out how Brit styles it 15 ways, from a skirt to this stunning statement necklace. (via Brit + Co)
37. Copycat Anthropologie Beaded Necklace: Many of us are plagued with the same problem: expensive tastes and low funds. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have that impressive Anthro necklace anyway. DIY is the way to go. (via Brit + Co)
41. Statement Gem Necklace: Sick of sparkle yet? We thought not. This piece reminds us of classic Hollywood movies. We can totally imagine Audrey Hepburn wearing a statement necklace this gorgeous. (via A Pair and a Spare)
42. Proenza Schouler Rope Necklace: When you’re craving pina coladas and spring break and just about anything besides heavy winter coats and boots, this bold and colorful wearable is the cure. Wearing this rope necklace is like carrying around sunshine everywhere you go. (via Honestly WTF)
49. Five Fringe Statement Necklaces In Less Than Five Minutes: Keep every outfit in your wardrobe looking fresh this season with five DIY fringe necklaces. (via Brit + Co)
67. Wear This Versatile Necklace Three Ways: This might just be the most versatile piece of jewelry you’ll ever own. Wear it high or low or wrap it around your wrist when you need some arm candy. (via Hello Natural)
72. PVC and Rhinestone Necklace: The search for a sparkling statement necklace stops here. You probably never imagined yourself asking a store employee, “Where’s the PVC, please?” but the hardware store is full of jewelry possibilities. (via A Pair and a Spare)
73. Statement Rope Necklace: It’s not every day you get to add a new piece of jewelry to your collection. And it’s not every day that you get to create a piece of jewelry just the way you like it. Play around with rope and a bit of sparkle to come up with a wearable that perfectly reflects your style. (via A Pair and a Spare)
75. Anthro-Inspired Tassel Necklace: As much as we love fashion and design, we also love comfort and functionality. Which is why we love this necklace that’s so lightweight, you could basically sleep in it. (via The Merry Thought)
We are definitely digging all of these statement pieces! Tell us: Which ones are you dying to DIY?
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)