Spotted: 27 Reasons Why Everyone’s Wearing Polka Dots
It’s no secret that this season, revamped retro patterns are being brought back in a big way. Not only should your closets be filled with polka dots, gingham and floral prints, but your home decor should be bringing back the ’60s too. Dotty wardrobes are being spotted (hehe) everywhere, which is why we’re bring you 27 charming pieces that will help you get your spot on.
1. Mod Wire Headband ($4): Even if you’re not a fan of flirty dots, you can still rock this versatile headband. We love it because it can be styled with a tomboy look, a retro outfit or a girly getup.
2. High Waisted Pencil Skirt ($60): Polka dots to work? Yes, please. This super stylish office skirt is an appropriate length for a meeting with your boss or a round of happy hour drinks with the girls. Heck, we’d bet your guy wouldn’t complain if you wore this on a date.
3. Playsuit With Top Hats ($115): Anything with whimsical top hats and moustaches printed all over it is a keeper. This relaxed style is both comfortable and playful: perfect for the weekend.
4. Button Front Shirt ($70): Cotton button-down blouses are the ultimate closet staple, which is why you’ve got to stack your wardrobe full of these babies, both solid and printed. This spotted one from Ace Delivery comes in a soft blue with white dots.
5. Hi Top Chucks ($70): The easiest way to add polka dots into your outfit is with a pair of cute kicks. These black hi top Converse have metallic polka dots and would look fab with a pair of cutoffs or even a fun dress.
6. Polka Dot Cardigan ($165): A classy way to sport polka dots is when they’re printed on a traditional cardigan like this one. And when you add metallic spots into the mix, you’re good as gold. Get it?
7. Smock Dress ($104): Short-sleeve smock dresses are every girl’s dream. They’re flattering, adorable and perfect for most occasions. This button-back polka dot piece is no exception.
8. Peplum Cami Top ($26): You can’t go wrong with a periwinkle peplum covered in dots. This cutie is ideal for the weekend, but you could definitely rock this at work with some skinny pants and a cardigan.
10. Cashmere Sweater ($550): Who says polka dots have to be uniform? Blue and pink dots are randomly placed on a soft and cozy cashmere knit that you can sport all year round.
11. Cheshire Sunglasses ($65): Go playful with your accessories by adding a little spot to your specs. These round sunnies will add sunshine to even the rainiest of days.
13. Soft Blazer ($32): It’s no secret that soft blazers are a key layering piece when it comes to spring and summer fashion. This bright number can spice up any look.
14. Denim Jumper ($120): We don’t know what we love more about this piece: the rainbow straps, the fact that it’s a denim overall skirt or the whimsical white polka dots printed all over it. Anything that’s got all that going for it is a winner.
15. Silk Maxi Dress ($875): Looking for a way to dress up your dots? This gorgeous silk maxi dress makes polka dots look black tie.
16. Polka Dot T-Shirt ($76): You can never have enough cotton tees. Ever.
17. Hooded Rain Trench ($48): Rainy days are the worst. Unlessssss you have an adorable raincoat like this hooded one from ASOS. It’s time to do a rain dance. ASAP.
18. Floral Midi Skirt ($4,126): Leave it to Oscar de la Renta to put a new spin on polka dots. The floral-dot combination makes print mixing easy: Just add a solid colored top and you’re good to go.
19. Neon Cotton Sweatshirt ($125): This sweatshirt looks like you walked outside and it was raining neon yellow polka dots. We just love that.
20. Silk Chiffon Blouse ($245): An elegant, sheer blouse that ties at the neck is very office-appropriate. But when there are colorful dots involved, you amp up the fun without losing the sophistication.
21. Woven Sweatshirt + Shorts Outfit ($145 + $214): While this looks like the coolest jumper ever, it’s actually separates (sweatshirt and shorts) so you can pretty much choose how covered-in-spots you want to be.
22. Hair Bow Barette ($12): Can we just talk about how adorable this cute little bow is? We’ll take two.
23. French Terry Sweatshirt ($32): Your cozy wear can get in on the polka dot action with this gray and white spotted sweatshirt. Think about it: You can wear ’em to the gym, to go to bed and even dress this bad boy up!
24. Ruffle Bikini Top ($29): Who can say no to a bikini as playful as this one? Ruffles: check. Colorblocking: check. Polka-dots: check. Cutouts: check. This flattering style will make you pray for swimsuit season.
25. Polka Dot Jumpsuit ($79): We love this navy and white dotted jumpsuit because the shape is flattering, the polka dot size is just small enough where it’s not too loud to wear to work, plus it’s affordable. This one’s a fine addition to any summer wardrobe.
26. Patent Leather Canvas Slip-Ons ($425): We all know that sneakers are having a major fashion moment right now: especially slip-on skater sneaks like these, designed by LOVE magazine editor, Katie Grand.
27. Polka Dot Dress ($39): A flirty little mini dress is what every gal needs this summer. This breezy peach dress by Lashes of London is perfect for a cocktail party or an outdoor barbecue. Just add shoes.
Are you dotty for spots? What polka dot pieces will you be sporting this season?
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.