When it comes to beauty buys, textures can be just as important and downright innovative as color payoff and finish. Case in point: Stila’s Heaven’s Hue Highlighter‘s ($32) silly putty-like feel that editors and influencers couldn’t stop squishing all across social media last year. The industry quickly followed suit, releasing a bevy of bouncy beauty buys that play into our neverending need for nostalgia while delivering a longer lasting result. Whether it’s an overnight moisturizer that stays put while you sleep or a squishy highlighter that sticks to skin, these pretty putties are worth getting your hands on.
1. Stila Heaven’s Hue Highlighter ($32): The beauty buy that started the craze surprised everyone when it hit shelves last year. But it wasn’t just the springy surface that snagged all the attention; influencers like Laura Lee praised its lightweight, long-lasting formula that stayed in place better than a powder formula sealed with setting spray. With three new shades (Brilliance, Magnificence, and Opulence), there are more ways to get that lit-from-within look without the weight.
2. e.l.f. Cosmetics Velvet Touch Eyeshadow Palette ($12): If the shimmer and sparkle of these palettes don’t catch your eye, the texture certainly will. The two palettes include six buildable shades each that melts onto skin whether you use a brush or a fingertip to apply. Its cushiony soft formula also delivers a dewy finish that feels cool to the touch — perfect for the start of the summer.
3. Too Cool For School Jelly Blusher ($20): As one of the newest additions to the trend, the Korean import has a fluffy marshmallow feel to it but provides a powdery, pigmented pop. While you can easily apply it to your cheeks on the go, it would even look amazing tapped on the lips as part of a matte, monochromatic makeup look.
4. The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask ($32): The consistency of this moisturizing mask has been compared to memory foam thanks to the texture that molds itself like a second skin to stay put while you sleep. A tiny spoonful of the Edelweiss-infused concentrated gel cream is enough to revive and refresh the driest skin types and stop the first signs of aging.
5. Farsáli Jelly Beam Illuminator ($40): After discovering Farsáli’s sense of whimsy with its signature Unicorn Essence, the brand has kicked it up a notch with its recently released jar of squishy shimmer that provides a high shine effect that could be seen from space. But wherever you decide to apply it, you’ll want to swipe this on swiftly with your finger since the oil-free formula dries down and sets into a powder-like finish in a flash. If not, you’ll likely be left with a clumpy consistency and have to start again.
6. Estée Lauder Nutritious Vitality8 Radiant Eye Jelly ($46) This putty-like product helps bring the most tired eyes back to life by instantly cooling and calming any puffiness with a dose of caffeine. Its unique formulation allows it to hold on tight to the delicate skin around the eyes to boost hydration and iron out fine lines while a bushel of pomegranate, mangosteen, and super berry extracts eliminate dark circles to return your eyes to their radiant state.
7. Almay Make Them Jelly Hi-Lite ($15): You can certainly use this cosmic-inspired highlighter to create a dewy, ethereal glow along your high points. The brand also recommends mixing this budget-friendly buy with its CC Luminous Primer or your favorite moisturizer for an all-over glow that you won’t be able to get enough of.
8. Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Detox Bouncy Cream ($48): We’re all pretty familiar with Peter Thomas Roth’s array of gel masks designed to suit every skincare need. His most popular soothing and detoxifying cucumber formula helps lock in moisture with loads of hyaluronic acid while leaving skin with a light, matte finish. We suggest putting this jar in the fridge for an extra cooling sensation when you slather it on.
9. Shiseido Ibuki Multi Solution Gel ($38): We’ve all had a pimple appear at the worst times, but who wants to strut around with visible signs of a spot treatment on their faces when they’ve got stuff to do? This multipurpose gel can help you bounce back from breakouts, dryness, and visible pores with the unique texture that holds on to skin and hide in plain sight (unlike the white spots of benzoyl peroxide) while salicylic acid and their own botanical PhytoTarget Complex get to work on making your skin look amazing.
10. First Aid Beauty 5-in-1 Bouncy Mask ($38) Need a spa-worthy facial but don’t have the time to book an appointment or go through each step yourself. The springy makeup of this multimask clings tights to skin, no matter your type, while ingredients like rose bud extract calm and sooth inflammation, marine botanicals hydrate, Vitamin C brightens, and Pepha-Tight to ensure your skin looks snatched in mere minutes.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.