21 Sweet Ways to Use Brown Butter
It’s always amazing how just a few slight mods to a regular ol’ stick of butter can transform the ordinary into something outstanding. Add anything from herbs and spices to sweeteners and fruit to yield an unbeatably flavored spread that’s perfect to slick on a slice of homemade bread. Or simply cook it until an amber hue and nutty scent develops, and use it to add an unmistakable layer of flavor to these 21 sweet treats. The range of recipes is spectacular, proving that so much can benefit from a dash of toasty brown butter.
1. Brown Butter Zucchini Cake: Everyone will be too busy ooohing and ahhhing over the salted caramel cascading down the sides of this cake to notice that the layers underneath it all are packed with veggies. (via The Little Epicurean)
2. The Best Healthy Brown Butter French Onion Dip: Who knew that the words “best” and “healthy” and “butter” could coexist in one single title? A touch of nutty brown butter makes this lightened up onion dip seem totally luxurious. (via Cooking for Keeps)
6. Brown Butter Funfetti Cake With Bourbon Buttercream: Is there anyone out there who isn’t powerless when it comes to the colorful temptation that is funfetti? Brown sugar and bourbon take this version over the top. (via Baker by Nature)
7. Browned Butter Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Blondies: Only one bowl is needed to mix up these babies… ’cause ain’t nobody got time to wash two bowls. (via Bakerita)
8. Browned Butter Panna Cotta With Maple Syrup Stone Fruit: We’ve never seen panna cotta like this before. (via The Pig and Quill)
9. Browned Butter Ice Cream: Cinnamon-sugar-toasted pecans are a perfect accompaniment to this delicious ice cream, whether you churn them into the mix or simply sprinkle ’em on top. (via Coffee on the Front Porch)
11. Pistachio, Coffee + Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies: Brown butter adds an extra bit of richness to these outstanding cookies chockfull of nuts, coffee and chocolate. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
12. Maple Bourbon Brown Butter Peach Pie: Talk about an outstanding combination of flavors — will this pie recipe replace all others in your arsenal? There’s only one way to find out. (via Host the Toast)
16. Browned Butter Peanut-Chocolate Rice Krispie Squares: We’re adding these squares to our ever-growing list of next-level Rice Krispie treat recipes. (via The Littlest Bakehouse)
19. Brown Butter Banana Mini Cupcakes With Dulce de Leche Frosting: Caramel buttercream is the perfect pairing for brown butter and bananas. (via Dave Bakes)
20. Brown Butter Rum Cannoli: Using wonton skins to create cannoli shells is such an ingenious hack. They’re baked, not fried, making for a nice balance to the rich mascarpone filling. (via Bakers Royale)
21. Browned Butter Brown Sugar Double Chocolate Cookie Cups: These double chocolate cookie cups sound utterly divine. (via Strictly Delicious)
Are you tempted to try any of these brown butter-boosted goodies? Share which one(s) strike your fancy in the comments!