30 Homemade Butter Recipes, From Spicy to Sweet
We know how to butter you up. And it starts with recipes for homemade, flavor-packed butter. Once you’ve mastered the butter basics, you’ll never buy the store brands again. Whether you like them in pats, whipped or creamy, these spreads for topping toast, dinner and dessert (that’s right, they’re everything from herby to spicy to sweet), will have you spreading it on thick.
1. Steak Butter: An herb butter, made with rosemary and sage, is essential to creating delectable sous vide steak. Don’t forget to sear it to finish. (via Brit + Co)
1. Homemade Butter: Before you get to flavoring, try whipping up the original stuff. All you need for a jar of whipped buttery goodness is heavy whipping cream, salt and a whisk. (via Red Fly Creations)
7. Lemon Herb: Spring means tons of fresh herbs, so gather yours and throw them into a citrusy compound butter. This recipe calls for parsley and chives, but you can use any fresh herbs you have on hand. (via White Gunpowder)
8. Peach Honey Butter: In the world of butter, there’s butter and then there’s honey butter. The sweet twist gets an even bigger leg up on plain ol’ butter with fresh peaches. (via Your Home Based Mom)
16. Sun Dried Tomato: Make the most out of sweet and savory sun-dried tomatoes by turning them into a delicious spread. Slather it on super crusty bread all by itself or use it to amp up the flavor of your go-to sandwich. (via Brit + Co.)
18. Spicy Apple: All the work for this jam-like butter belongs to your slow cooker. Just throw fresh peeled apples, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon into the pot and the rest is magic. (via Full Measure of Happiness)
23. Ginger Snap Cookie Butter: Yes, this sweet butter makes a great holiday gift. But we dare you to try giving it up after one delicious taste (or heaping spoonful, we won’t judge!). (via Brit + Co.)
26. Hot Chocolate Butter: Yep, you read that right. We turned our favorite hot beverage into one sweet, creamy butter. Made with warmed hot fudge, it even includes a few marshmallows for authentic hot cocoa flavor. (via Brit + Co.)
Already making your own butter? What flavors are you mixing up?
- 21 Sweet Ways to Use Brown Butter - Brit + Co ›
- Butter Up! 20 Crazy-Good Grilled Corn Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 13 Schmear Recipes to Upgrade Your Morning Bagel - Brit + Co ›
- All Buttered Up: How to Flavor Your Butter - Brit + Co ›
- This Instant Pot Indian Butter Chicken Recipe Can Be Yours in Less Than 30 Minutes - Brit + Co ›