With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about how you’re gonna celebrate. A wine night in with the girls or a fancy shmancy dinner date with your boo calls for flawless, long-wearing color that won’t budge. As a certified lipstick enthusiast myself, I wanted to share my top five go-tos when I can’t be bothered with reapplying.
1. ColourPop Lippie Stix ($5): Real talk: These lipsticks are some of my all-time favorites. You don’t need lipliner (one less thing to worry about, TBH), and they have a matte finish that’s not drying. The color payoff in Weekender is serious, so if you need to amp up your look on Valentine’s Day, it might be your new BFF. It goes on super smooth and passed my drinking-wine-with-lipstick-on test with flying colors. ColourPop Lippie Stix
2. Lime Crime Metallic Velvetines ($20): If you’re looking to wow your S.O. on V-day, why not go the metallic route? While some can be unwearable because they look glittery, the Raisin Hell shade is beautiful on everyone. True story: I have made at least 10 coworkers of mine try this one, and I’ve yet to find someone who can’t rock this color. Lime Crime Metallic Velvetines
3. L’Oreal Infallible 8 HR Le Gloss ($10): This truly budge-proof gloss leaves behind a noticeable stain on the lips that will last up to eight hours (that means through dinner, drinks and then some)! The shade called Bloom is a noticeable step up from your normal lip color, but is still neutral enough to pair with just about anything you want to wear. L'Oreal Infallible 8 HR Le Gloss
4. Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain ($14): I am in looove with this lip stain for several reasons. First, the unique Radiant Orchard shade is a purple-y pink that looks good on everyone (seriously!). Then, the formula is incredibly hydrating for how matte it is, and it’s totally dinner-proof. It never appears chalky, but the formula is buildable, so you can add on layers to make the color bolder if needed. I never use a lip liner with this product either, and instead, trace my lips with the spongy applicator because it creates a surprisingly clean line. Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain
3. Milani Amore Matte Lip Crème ($9): Another drugstore staple of mine, this comfortable, matte lipstick serves up legit results that last an insanely long time. I love the nude, pink Darling for Valentine’s Day. The texture is really smooth and never sticky, and the product will set in about a minute. I can attest to the fact that this stuff will stay on, with no need for re-application, for up to 16 hours — I usually have to use a makeup wipe to remove it at the end of the day. Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.