Whether you’re celebrating with your boo, your BFF or a big group of Galentines, you’ve probably already given some thought to what you’re going to eat on Valentine’s Day. You can show your love with burger cookie Valentine recipes or Valentine’s Day fruit salad recipes, or you can whip up a fancy-shmancy (and super romantic) dinner. Here are 15 of our favorite ideas for a Valentine’s Day meal to remember.
2. Shrimp and Gnocchi With Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce: If you’re both eating garlic, then you won’t have to worry about dreaded “garlic breath” after! (via Damn Delicious)
3. Soul Warming French Onion Pot Roast: Nothing says love like pot roast. This particular iteration boasts the flavors of onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, fresh apples, thyme, celery and bay leaf. (via Little Spice Jar)
4. Classic Spaghetti and Meatballs: Permission granted to have your own Lady and the Tramp moment while feasting on this dish. For a healthier version, feel free to sub turkey or chicken for ground beef, and whole wheat spaghetti for the refined version. (via She Wears Many Hats)
5. Cuban Mojo Marinated Pork: With classic Cuban flavors, this mouthwatering pork recipe is SUPER delicious. Pro tip: To make sure your pork is as juicy and tender as possible, spring for a high-quality meat source from your local butcher or farmers’ market, and marinate it overnight. (via The Food Charlatan)
7. Grilled Oysters With Chipotle Bourbon Butter: Don’t fear the oyster: They’re not as tricky to make as you might imagine. You just need to broil or grill them for about three minutes. (via Feed Me Phoebe)
8. Spinach and Three Cheese Manicotti: Pasta dishes have a certain sensuousness to them, and this indulgent, cheesy manicotti dish is perfect for a cozy and lovey-dovey night in. Feel free to use store-bought marinara sauce, or make your own. (via The Cooking Jar)
9. Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork Roast: Have a busy Valentine’s Day schedule? Get a head start with this slow cooker recipe. About a half an hour before meal time, pop some veggies in the oven to serve alongside the dish. (via Add a Pinch)
10. Mussels in White Wine Sauce With Onions and Tomatoes: Mussels are delicate, fleshy and delicious, and they’re meant to be paired with fresh sauces. Case in point: this recipe, which features white wine, garlic, onions, tomatoes and parsley. (via Cooking Melangery)
11. Fettuccine Alfredo: Forget lightened-up, pre-made sauces; fettuccine Alfredo is meant to be rich, creamy and delightfully naughty. Take this recipe, for example: It features Parmesan and heavy cream, and we wouldn’t have it any other way. (via Two Peas & Their Pod)
13. Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry: This healthy curry recipe is *bursting* with healthy proteins and fats. Bonus: Your leftovers will be easy to reheat and use up throughout the week. (via The Endless Meal)
15. 5-Minute Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo: We’re not just going to give the carnivores an Alfredo recipe while leaving the herbivores hungry. This plant-based alternative is made with coconut milk, sun-dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast and vegetable broth. And, BONUS, it’s ready in about five minutes. (via The Fitchen)
Follow us on Pinterest for more recipes, Valentine’s Day ideas and healthy food alternatives!