14 Designer Swimsuits and Their Budget-Friendly Doppelgängers
Fellow shopaholics, we have an exciting announcement! If you splurged hard this spring and now you need to budget for the summer, that doesn’t mean a cute suit or two aren’t in your future. While you were dreaming of beach dates with your girl squad, we were assembling an enviable lineup of budget-friendly, designer-style swim gems. Keep scrolling to scope out 14 designer suits — and their affordable doppelgängers — then start banishing any budget-related summertime sadness.
1. Onia Heather Choker One Piece Swimsuit ($195): So classy. There’s nothing as chic as an all-black monokini with a million-dollar faux-choker neckline.
2. LA Hearts Choker Cutout One Piece Swimsuit ($43): The sexy V-neck cutout on this lower-cost version brings the same high-fashion look we love, just at a major bargain. We’ll take it!
ruffles + gingham
3. Lovers + Friends X Revolve Good Vibes Top Bottom ($80 for top, $65 for bottom): Gingham is the summer print of 2017, so be sure to stand out when you flaunt the trend. If you’re down to turn heads for looking adorbs, this baby pink, ruffled two-piece is our pick.
4. ASOS Mono Gingham Print Tie Front Frill Bikini Top ($23): We’re eternally grateful to ASOS for this less costly version of our fave seasonal print.
Sassy statement one-piece
5. Gregor Pirouzi Pam One Piece Swimsuit ($295): This one-piece suit only hints at Ariel with a not-so-subtle off-duty mermaid reference. If you’re still livin’ that mermaid life, but you’re too cool to say so, this is *obvi* the suit for you.
6. Missguided Black Margaritas Made Me Do It Swimsuit ($33): Here’s the cheekiest way to rock a statement suit this season. From its flashy, metallic gold lettering, to that high thigh cut, it’s just as haute as its designer twin.
8. Nasty Gal Ibiza Tassel Bikini Set ($50): A color-popping two-piece that’s basically a fiesta waiting to happen? Ka-ching!
High-Neck + scalloped Edges
10. Vanilla Beach Scallop High Neck Bikini Swim Top ($25) and Bottom ($20): OMG Target just made our dreams come true by bringing us this scallop-edged doppelgänger at a fraction of the price. We’ll take one in every color, thank you.
One-shoulder + ruffles
11. Lisa Marie Fernandez Double Ruffle One-Shoulder Bonded Bikini ($440): So. Eff’ing. Good. A girl could def get away with walking this elegant number down the red carpet.
12. Allihop Ruffled One-Shoulder Bikini Top ($68): Opt-in on the trendy silhouette — but opt-out on quite so much sizzle — for a more demure, daytime look.
stripes + bustier
13. Prey Swim Miaou Bustier Top ($140) and Bottom ($115): Say farewell to tan lines and hello to summer with a strapless, structured, bustier top. We dig the nautical vibes of this sporty-chic style paired with French-girl stripes.
15. Kate Spade New York Floral-Pattern Halterneck Bikini Top ($110) and Bottom ($85): Kate Spade swimwear, in its all its femme, floral glory, is giving us all the vintage vibes.
16. ModCloth Coastal Charm Swimsuit Top ($35): For the same delicate, lacy details, we turn to ModCloth for a sweet, money-saving rendition.
17. Vince Camuto Lace Up Solids Triangle Bikini Top ($78): Here’s another boho princess, festival-worthy look. The whipstitch details add some earthy appeal to this straight-up slaying piece.
18. Charlotte Russe Whipstitch Bikini Bottoms ($10): You can nab these whipstitch-style bottoms to pair with the top of your choosing for the cost of a few Starbucks runs. Mix ‘n’ matching is the ultimate way to get creative with your budgeting.
19. Norma Kamali Bill Mio Swimsuit ($350): With just a swimsuit, you can literally transform your summertime look into a glam AF retro throwback.
20. Esther Williams Bathing Beauty One-Piece Swimsuit ($63): We can hardly believe our eyes, but ModCloth just made our pin-up dreams come true for a price we can handle — and it comes in plus sizes too!
laced bandeau bikini
21. Proenza Schouler Lace Front Bikini Bandeau Set ($300): Nothing says beach babe quite like a lace-front bandeau.
22. Victoria’s Secret Strappy Bandeau Top ($35): Thankfully, after peeping this lookalike top, you can salvage your summer swim style with one super-fun trip to Vicky’s Secret. PS: millennial pink? Yes, please.
23. Marysia Swim Palm Springs Tie Bikini Top ($189): A little birdie told us that Victoria’s Secret model, Elsa Hosk, owns this very same suit. In our heart of hearts, we’d totally love to splurge on this on-trend, tie-front top.
24. Allihop Tia Bikini Top ($58): For the same look in a flirty floral, we’d go for this gorgeous top. Because ICYMI, an underwire top with a vintage high waist is just what a beach trip requires.
What’s your fave summer 2017 swimwear trend? Let us know on Pinterest!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.