The Cactus Fashion Trend Is About to Take Over Summer 2017
Goodness knows we’re partial to a playful fun-in-the-sun motif or tropical print that makes us ooh and aah with envy. In years past, we’ve witnessed pineapples, palm trees, and watermelons skyrocket to Insta fame. But what’s next? We’re so glad you asked, ‘cause cool cacti are actually on the verge of being everywhere. Not just restricted to the Colorado Desert, cactus-inspired clothing and accessories are guaranteed to make a splash poolside or during an upcoming glam-cation in the mountains. Keep scrolling for 14 of our favorite prickly iterations that are too stinkin’ cute to pass up.
1. Blank Cactus T ($73): Swap out the plain white v-neck STAT for this sun-washed tee that’s reminiscent of the surf shack… give or take a string bikini and pool slides.
2. Free People We the Free Little Cactus Tank ($88): BRB, dreaming of a cactus. A low-key hang sesh calls for an embroidered cactus tee with character — just add distressed denim cutoffs and off-duty kicks for a hella cool lewk.
3. Jennifer Loiselle Desert Cactus Earrings ($52): YOU GUYS, it’s not a cactus party until you’re equipped with “go big or go home” statement earrings that pack on the desert charm (minus the pricks).
4. Understated Leather Go Sit on a Cactus Denim Jacket ($172): So. Much. Sass. Show ‘em (ahem, your ex) that you mean business with this snarky denim jacket that’s game for #TacoTuesday and trivia night.
5. Emily Warden Designs Cacti Studs ($35): A little cactus action on our ears? Girl, ya know it.
6. Sole Society Cactus Silk Scarf ($35): Channel the wild, wild west with this chic cactus-printed bandana scarf that calls for cowgirl boots and major fringe.
7. Kate Spade New York Iguana Sandals ($110): Cactus invasion! Cactus invasion! When you can snag a pair of cactus-strewn slides, you know you’re onto something. May we recommend a LWD, your floppiest straw hat, and big ol’ sunnies for a garden party-themed brunch?
8. Kayu Cactus Clutch ($205): For the slew of summer weddings already in your iCal, best believe this whimsical straw cactus embroidered clutch won’t be leaving your side.
9. Zara Cactus Print Shirt ($30): Um, we think we’ve found our new work shirt. (Who knew pinstripes and cacti could look this fab?) If HR has anything to say about it, then they can answer to us.
10. Hilfiger Collection Washed Chino Shorts ($368): Boy-scout status right here; that’s all we’re saying. Team these cactus printed chinos alongside a boxy short-sleeve button-down and Chuck Taylors for all your cross-country road trips.
11. ASOS Printed Cactus Pac Away Trench ($26): Rain, rain, come again soon, so that we have a legit excuse to rock this festi-cool cactus poncho during our morning commute. And they said ponchos couldn’t be cute. WRONG.
12. Ziztar Trust Your Intuition to Find Something Pants ($109): Blasé boardroom trousers, you’ve been replaced. As it turns out, slacks with desert-inspired patches (check out the back pockets!) lend a whole element of FUN to your nine-to-five.
13. Ted Baker Giley Cactus Print Shift Dress ($279): Oh shift! We’ve uncovered the cactus-tastic dress of our dreams that won’t fail to ah-maze this wedding circuit.
14. Soludos Cactus Embroidered Platform Smoking Slipper ($75): Cue the shameless Instagrams of you relaxing on a yacht over MDW with these pinch-me-they’re-SO-cute potted cacti-embroidered slippers that are worth all the hype (and then some).
Which of these playful cactus essentials are you coveting? Follow us on Pinterest for more summer style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.