Forget the tortilla chips, beans, chili and cheese, and give this sweet nacho recipe a try. Tart Granny Smith apple slices, drizzled with caramel and white chocolate and topped with crunchy candy bar crumbles and nuts, will definitely satisfy that sweet-tooth craving. Invite some friends over and dive into a festive party food platter of caramel candy-apple nachos.
- Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- white chocolate chips or white candy melts
- caramel sauce
- Heath Bar crumbles
- sliced almonds
- pecans, chopped
1. Cut the apples into thin slices. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the salt and two cups of water. Add the apple slices to the water solution and let them soak for 10 minutes. This step prevents the apples from browning.
2. Drain the water from the bowl and rinse the apples. Lightly dab each slice and arrange on a platter (or marble slab).
3. Melt the white chocolate chips in 30-second intervals until completely melted. If the chocolate is not drizzle-able, mix in a teaspoon or two of melted coconut oil and whisk the mixture until smooth and melty.
4. Garnish the apple slices with caramel and white chocolate drizzle, Heath Bar crumbles, sliced almonds and chopped pecans, and serve it up!