Oh hey there three-day weekend! We’ve been waiting for you. As those Fourth of July celebration preparations get into full swing, what do you say you skip the last-minute trip to the party store and instead use that extra day off to DIY a couple of party essentials? Whether you’re in need of a swimsuit for Saturday’s pool party or a customized game of bocce ball, here are 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. Bocce Ball: A Fourth-of-July BBQ just wouldn’t be complete without some lawn game action. (via Brit + Co)
2. Drink Holder: Hack a basic lawn chair to hold your favorite beverage with this fun and easy woodworking project. (via Build Basic)
3. Watermelon Door Mat: Forget the front door wreath — this doormat is the perfect way to celebrate the season. (via Brit + Co)
4. Watercolor Clock: Have you been super into watercolored decor ever since our watercolored linen DIY? Continue on in your obsession by transforming a basic clock into this chic creation. (via She Knows)
5. Starry Swimsuit: In need of a super quick, super festive outfit for this weekend’s pool party? Give that old one-piece a patriotic makeover. (via Brit + Co)
6. Painted Outdoor Umbrella: Make over a boring outdoor umbrella using a bit of latex paint. Not so into the brushstroke design? Try polka dots or triangles. (via Lovely Indeed)
7. Scarf Top: Have a scarf that you want to wear even when it’s not cold outside? Transform it into a summery poncho-style top. (via Oleander and Palm)
8. Geometric Terracotta Pots: Don’t have a lot of backyard for a giant garden? No problem. You can still grow your own herbs in these super cute small pots. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom to check out the printable plant labels. (via Brit + Co)
9. Cactus Ballons: Skip the cliche balloon animals and fill your next fiesta with these charming decorations instead. (via Design Improvised)
10. Soap Crystals: These make for some seriously stellar gifts for your friends… OR keep them all to yourself. (via Life and Lisa)
Do you have any projects planned for the weekend? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.