10 Celebrities Who Are Already Giving You Serious Holiday Party Outfit Inspiration
Okay, okay we know that we still have Thanksgiving to celebrate, but can you blame us for getting excited about all the fun things that accompany the holiday season? We will do our best to wait on the Christmas tree decorating and caroling, but scoping out some outfit options for your annual holiday party is totally an activity to jump on. If you’re in need of a little celeb-approved inspiration, here are 10 ladies who are totally nailing festive attire right now – whether it was intentional or not.
1. Selena Gomez: While visiting a UK radio station in September, Selena rocked a three-quarter-length sequined gown that screams Christmas. Pair something like this with a wintery floral crown and you’re basically a modern day Mrs. Claus. (Photo by John Phillips/Getty)
2. Cate Blanchett: The secret to making any outfit look super luxe is incorporating a little bit of velvet. The smooth, rich fabric is not only warm, but it’ll make you feel like a million bucks too. DIY some embroidered details on top like this ensemble and we’ll go ahead and crown you the Queen of Christmas. (Photo via Karwai Tang/Getty)
3. Saoirse Ronan: If you’re a little bit (okay, VERY) concerned about dealing with freezing temperatures, follow Saoirse’s lead by incorporating some layering action into your outfit. A sequined dress with a silky blouse is always a great go-to combo if you’re humming “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.” (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
4. Amanda Seyfried: If the bling that’s often associated with holiday dresses is not really your style, go for something akin to this silky white dress Amanda Seyfried recently wore to the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards. With a ’90s-Kate-Moss sort of vibe, this sleek style speaks volumes without all the extra frills. (Photo via Andrew Toth/Getty)
5. Kate Middleton: Don’t feel like your holiday wardrobe has to consist solely of green, red, silver and gold. A jewel-toned option like this lacy number Kate Middleton wore on a London outing is a great way to add some warmth to your outfit. (Photo via Chris Jackson/Getty)
6. Toni Collette: If you’re looking for something that will work for both your holiday party and New Year’s Eve, a frock with a little bit of bling and shades of silver, purple and blue is an easy way to kill two birds with one stone. (Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty)
7. Sarah Jessica Parker: Then again, you could just jump straight into the NYE vibes with something similar to this amazing silver-jeweled dress SJP wore to La Mama’s 2015 Fall Gala. (Photo via Walter McBride/Getty)
8. Amber Heard: I mean, is there really a dress that screams “holiday” more than this one? If you’re not sure which direction to go and you’re open to some sparkle, an embellished gold number is always a good place to start. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
9. Beyoncé: The detail to copy here with Beyoncé’s rich-hued number is the faux fur. By DIYing a fur collar necklace or rocking a fur cropped coat, you can instantly bring new life to an otherwise basic piece of apparel. (Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
10. Michelle Dockery: When in doubt, jumpsuit it out. To give a jumpsuit a more formal vibe, choose one made from a silky or Crêp fabric. We’re totally digging Downton Abbey actress Michelle Dockery’s pick, which is conservative in front but offers an ultra-low-cut back. (Photo via David M. Benett/Getty)
Do you have your holiday party already picked out? Share a pic with us in the comments below.