Whether you’re planning on attending your annual Friendsgiving potluck or traveling home for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, there’s probably (okay, definitely) going to be some sort of sweet potato dish there. After all, they’re basically the poster child for fall. If you’re on the hunt for the perfect sweet potato recipe that’ll totally steal the show, check out our faves below.
Spoiler alert: No casseroles are included.
1. Smashed Sweet Potatoes With Lemon Garlic Aioli: This recipe takes mashed potatoes to a whole other level. Not only are they made with sweet potatoes (automatic upgrade, #amiright), but they’re smashed and then *roasted* — this gives them a crispy finish that’ll fondly linger long after the last bite. (via The Fitchen)
2. Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger: Combine sweet potatoes and black beans to make the most epic veggie burger of all time. Oh, and avocado makes everything better, of course. (via Minimalist Baker)
3. Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad: Running out of time but still need a side for Turkey Day? No prob. This dish is so quick and simple. (via Two Peas + Their Pod)
4. Roasted Sweet Potato, Wild Rice + Arugula Salad: It’s all about comfort food during the cooler months, but if you’re still trying to stay healthy, whip up this flavor-filled salad. (via Pinch of Yum)
5. Sweet Potato and Kale Coconut Curry Soup: Chilly days call for a hot soup. Make this Sweet Potato and Kale Coconut Curry Soup for dinner and bring your leftovers to the office the next day for lunch. (via Kitchen Confidante)
6. Sweet Potato Chickpea Buddha Bowl: Found: A sweet and savory dish that’s totally healthy. The best part? It’s still uber tasty. (via Minimalist Baker)
7. Sweet Potato Quesadilla: Satisfy your sweet tooth with this delicious quesadilla. Fill with goat cheese and apples and sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Yum! (via Hello Natural)
8. Roasted Sweet Potato Soup: Making soup has never been so simple: Place ingredients in a blender and serve. Yup, it’s *that* easy. (via Simply Recipes)
9. Sweet Potato Bites: With only two ingredients (+ a dash of cinnamon), it doesn’t get any easier than this recipe. Say hello to your new go-to side. (via Gabby’s Gluten-Free)
10. Cinnamon Apple Sweet Potato Waffles: Sweet meets savory with this breakfast. Make Cinnamon Apple Sweet Potato Waffles and add an egg for some extra flavor. (via That Oven Feelin’)
11. Smokey Barbecue Sweet Potato Chickpea Burgers: In need of an appetizer for your Friendsgiving? Whip up these sliders. Trust us, they’ll be gone before you know it. (via The Vegan 8)
12. Parmesan Baked Sweet Potato Fries: How good do these sweet potato fries look? Amp up your basic recipe with parmesan cheese and give them a little zip with cayenne pepper. (via Gimme Some Oven)
13. Loaded Sweet Potatoes: Baked sweet potatoes stuffed with feta, olives and sundries tomatoes… How can you say no to that? (via Gourmande in the Kitchen)
14. Sweet Potato Turkey Chili: Five ingredients is all it takes to make the yummiest turkey chili around. Sign us up! (via Pinch of Yum)
15. Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet: This gluten-free skillet is the definition of guilt-free comfort food. (via Primavera Kitchen)
16. Sweet Potato Avocado Tacos: Craving some Mexican food? Use this recipe to make a fall-friendly taco. Warning: You’re going to want at least a couple of these. (via Love + Lemons)
17. Rosemary Sweet Potato Stackers: Savory, meet sweet potato. This is one to beat. Your guests are going to be asking for the recipe as soon as they take one bite. (via Kim’s Healthy Eats)
18. Sweet Potato + Kale Grilled Cheese: This grilled cheese is packed with alllll of the flavor: sweet potato, kale, onion and, oh yeah, cheese. (via Two Peas + Their Pod)
19. Sweet Potato Pancakes: This one’s a no-brainer. You really can’t go wrong with pancakes (and these ones don’t even need syrup!). (via The Vegan 8)
What’s your favorite sweet potato recipe? Share it in the comments below.