This just in: The pixie cut is back, and it’s low-key dominating the world of celebrity hair. Just in time for warmer weather, one of the top 10 haircuts for spring is only gaining steam. Stars including Miley Cyrus to J. Law have been rocking summer-ready short crops that are super fresh for 2017. Here are 14 can’t-miss celebrity pixies to inspire your next chop.
1. Halsey’s Hot Pink Pixie: The most vibrant, freshly chopped style has to be Halsey’s hot pink pixie with edgy, spiked bangs. Her tomboy-chic hairstyle gets a modern upgrade thanks to the trendy pink dye-job that slays for days.
2. Sarah H.’s Layered Platinum Pixie: Meet a modern pixie muse with an entire YouTube following devoted to her signature ashy ‘do. This sideswept, textured pixie packs a punch with added layers for volume and height.
3. Janelle Monae’s Short Pixie Shag: Monae’s head-turning pixie was a total highlight on the Oscar’s red carpet this year. Those next-level hair accessories and her glossy sheen added just enough sparkle to her shagadelic ‘do.
4. Mia Farrow’s Classic Old Hollywood Pixie: Talk about major throwback. Farrow made hair history when she glamorized the pixie, forever joining the ranks of the “Hollywood Hair Hall of Fame.” After all, who can resist the Old Hollywood classic pixie paired with retro-chic eyeliner?
5. Jennifer Hudson’s Short Feathered Pixie: This ultra-femme, feathery pixie suits Hudson’s feminine charm perfectly. The singer pairs her blended layers with a subtle side part FTW.
6. Zendaya’s Shaggy Pixie with Center Bangs: America’s favorite It-girl slays in this choppy and fabulous shag, with blonde and caramel highlights that bring to mind the summer sun.
7. Rita Ora’s Grown-Out Pixie Shag: YAASSS. This blunt pixie is one of our faves thanks to its overgrown perfection. As we all know, a matte red lip is never a bad idea.
8. Julianne Hough’s Piece-y Pixie With Deep Side Part: We’re sure you’ll agree that Hough’s messy-pretty pixie looks cute AF paired with her signature, flirty style. This season is loving the grown-out look, so remember: the shaggier, the better!
9. Viola Davis’ Tousled Two-Tone Pixie: Davis’s Oscar look is everything. Her swept hairstyle incorporates highlights for warmth in a variation of the short-haired cut that works like a charm for girls with thick hair.
10. Anne Hathaway’s Long Pixie With Deep Side Part: This smoothed and polished style exudes a classic vibe that works for women of all hair types.
11. Lily Collins’ Sleek Pixie: Lily Collins can do no wrong when it comes to hair. Her pixie is parted just slight of center to channel laid-back, cool-girl vibes all night long.
12. Ruby Rose’s Signature Asymmetrical A-Line Pixie: Rose is the pioneer of the modern, asymmetrical pixie — and we are here for it. To hack her style, wear your long bangs to the side to put your picture-perfect bone structure on display.
13. Katy Perry’s Blonde Pixie With Roots: The pop star unveiled this ah-mazing edgy pixie for one of the best red carpet reveals of the year. We die for the grunge-meets-glam appeal of a short undercut paired with dark roots and what’s left of her blonde strands.
14. Gigi Hadid’s Faux-Pixie: Hadid’s wispy faux-pixie stopped our hearts for a hot minute on April Fool’s Day. The model pranked her Insta-followers with butter-yellow hygge locks that we wish she would seriously consider.
What variation of the modern pixie cut do you like best? Tell us on Pinterest!