Long, luscious locks are what all of our hair dreams are made of, but we know that the thicker your mane, the harder it can be to manage. Dealing with tons of hair goes way beyond a great shampoo and a solid stash of hair care goodies. That’s why we’ve gathered up our fave “thick hair-friendly” styles from celebs and more that will have everyone drooling over your fabulously styled locks.
1. Messy Bun 101: The messy bun is a go-to classic for wild-maned ladies — especially when we’re pressed for time. The good news is that anything goes, and the messier it is, the hauter it looks.
2. High Pony: Shay Mitchell just became the reigning mistress of the uber-long pony trend (and we’re obsessed). She perfects her look with messy waves that slay.
3. Easy Braided Updo: With just ONE braid and a few handy bobby pins, you can achieve this insanely pretty hairstyle in minutes. It’s seriously that easy. (via Twist Me Pretty)
4. French Braid Bun: Second day hair sometimes requires a little more creativity to keep it looking fresh. *Cue this ultra-sophisticated bun.* With a spritz of dry shampoo, it’ll keep locks looking fly no matter what comes your way. (via Camille Styles)
5. Va-Va-Voluminous Natural Hair: Holy hotness. All we’re sayin’ is that if you’ve got it, flaunt it, ’cause there are few hairstyles that look as crazy good as this.
6. Killer Natural Curls: While we know ultra-thick curls can be a hassle to handle, we can’t help thinking of what we’d give to rock a mane like this. Scoop up a stellar product for curly hair and prepare to turn heads with this badass look.
7. Half-Up Pigtail French Braids: If you’re not totally sold on full-blown French braids, here’s a long ‘n’ luscious style with only a tiny infusion of braided textures. Fasten them at the crown of the head and style the rest of your hair to fall freely into waves for a low-maintenance down ‘do that rules.
8. Center-Parted Boho Braid: Thanks to Jessica Alba, we’ve found our hair goals of the century. Her wispy center-parted strands are pulled back into braided bohemian perfection.
9. Knotted Braid: Here’s your way to wear a long braid down your back without being mistaken for Angelina Jolie, circa Tomb Raider. Its knotted imperfections make for messy-pretty perfection that takes your basic knotted pony to a whole new level.
10. Fishtail Side Braid: It’s in the best interest of anyone with a head of hair to find a way to rock this look. We’re obsessively digging this loose fishtail side-braid in all its laid-back elegance and boho-chic glory.
11. Sporty Boxer Braids: This Kardashian-fave hairstyle is the best part of this season’s French pigtail trend. It’s just enough sporty-meets-chic to pair with your totally on-trend athleisure wear.
12. Side Parted Partial Braid: This style is undeniably pretty, and not just because of its flashy fuschia color. The partial braid will help keep your thick tresses secured while you get down to business as HBIC.
13. Straight, Sleek + Braid Half Bun: Ariana Grande ditched her usual high pony for this shiny AF down ‘do with adorable front bangs. Her half-up hairstyle features a sultry cornrow with the braided topknot look to boot. We love.
14. Half-Up With Parted Bangs: Lea Michele is a hair goddess in this impeccable half-up ‘do. Her super thick mane is worn down and wavy with center-parted bangs for an effortless boho look.
15. Rolled Half-Up Hairstyle: We’re guessing that you adore this twisty masterpiece as much as we do. It uses a simple roping technique to create an intricate braid-like style that’s basically to die for. Rock it at the office or take it along to lunch with the girls. (via Twist Me Pretty)
16. Flower Braid: What’s better than a bouquet of budding blooms? This delicate floral ‘do. Turn a classic half-up braid into a bonafide piece of art by twisting into a pretty perennial.
Looking for more beauty inspo for your babe-worthy thick hair? Follow us on Pinterest!