This Celestial-Inspired Style Will Have You Seeing Stars
The sartorial gods have spoken, and word on the street is that a celestial vibe will be making major waves this fall. Cue the star prints with a rocker ‘tude that will have you shining bright like a diamond just in time for the holiday season. Be honest: Just how many times have you *wished* you could channel your inner Zenon, Girl of the 21st Century? Maybe leave the head-to-toe metallics, flashy holographics and ‘90s-esque neons at home, but the astronomical vibes can definitely stay. When worn in moderation — a pair of starry statement studs here, a star-printed blouse there — the result will make you want to go glam for fall. Scroll down for 22 starry takes on the extraterrestrial trend that won’t be flying under the radar anytime soon.
1. YRU Jem Velvet Boot ($125): File this under things to wear to an upcoming rock concert when you haven’t got a clue. (TBH, we’re still trying to figure that one out.) Fake it ‘til you make it with these psychedelic velvet ankle boots — featuring holographic stars and a glittery-flecked heel — that will be a hit on the dance floor. Any takers?
2. Sugarhigh Lovestoned Stardust Overalls ($298): For those inevitable mornings when you’ve got zero seconds to spare, allow these free-wheelin’ stardust overalls to come to the rescue. Equal parts off-duty and tomboy-chic, they’re guaranteed to work their magic around the clock. Once the temps get nippy, layer up with a snug turtleneck — and proceed to play hooky from work — for a don’t-mess-around ‘tude.
3. J.Crew Tippi Sweater in Embroidered Stars ($90): Prep knows best, especially when it comes to J.Crew’s back-by-popular-demand Tippi sweater. Between the classic silhouette and snazzy embroidered stars, this prime layering piece will be in your wardrobe for years and years to come. DO reach for this super fly layering essential for a little mid-week pick-me-up or when your predictable fisherman sweater grows stale — whichever comes first.
4. Ecote Celestial Cardigan ($79): Usher in an otherworldly appearance with this outer space-inspired cardigan that’ll serve as a testament to your voodoo ways. Resist the urge to play it safe by styling it alongside a metallic slip dress, fishnet tights and patent ankle booties.
5. Kate Spade Bright Star Statement Studs ($78): ‘Tis the season to pull out all the stops — you don’t have to tell us twice! Play dress up with these sparkly star-shaped stunners that call for a twirl-worthy frock and bow-topped pumps. You best believe you’ll be red carpet-ready when sporting these fancy baubles.
6. Zara Shirt-Style Bodysuit With Stars and Frills ($40): This come-hither bodysuit ticks all the boxes (and then some) for all your after-hours engagements. It’s sheer, frilly and leaves just the right amount to the imagination without sacrificing class. You’ll love the way it looks teamed with rolled-up boyfriend jeans as much as a swishy metallic pleat skirt and tough-girl ankle booties.
7. Anthropologie Celestial Stacking Rings ($48): Stack ‘em up or wear ‘em solo for a subtle statement that won’t go unnoticed. This dainty set of gold celestial rings will straight-up stun for any number of occasions, be it a day at the office or fancy dinner reservations. Style alongside a velvet dress and choker necklace for maximum impact.
8. Nasty Gal Constellation Pavé Star Headband ($35): More is more when it comes to this constellation star headband that’s meant to be worn for a masquerade ball or even a winter wonderland-themed wedding. Let it be known: It’s OTT in the best possible way.
9. Zara Bomber Jacket With Embroidered Stars ($100): Listen up, glam girls! We’ve uncovered a velvet bomber jacket that won’t send you running for the hills. Between holiday shindigs and a date night under the stars, this enchanting embroidered star jacket is more than deserving of a spot in your after-hours wardrobe. Class it up with a drop waist dress and sparkly steppers or pare it down with a pocket tee, acid wash high-waisted jeans and tough-girl Chelsea boots. Your move.
10. Free People Opal Bar Ear Jacket ($198): Inject major style MVP appeal into your everyday uniform with these unassuming star danglers that will take you from being a boss babe at the reception desk to toasting Champs at your BFF’s rehearsal dinner.
11. Rad + Refined Super Starry Sunglasses ($48): Go ahead and kill ‘em with your fierceness with these rad sunnies that demand respect. With an It girl-approved topper and faux fur steppers in tow, the result will be nothing short of *groundbreaking.*
12. Scotch & Soda/Maison Scotch ($115): Where, oh where, was this sheer star-crossed metallic blouse when we were channeling our inner witch this past Halloween? SMH. Thankfully, it’s still fair game for a fall harvest banquet, dinner with your S.O.’s parents or a late-night bar crawl. Add a dose of sexy with a barely there lace bralet and distressed black jeans.
13. Topshop Star Metallic Zip Skirt ($210): Found it. We know what we’ll be wearing for our next girls’ night out. This metallic leather mini skirt featuring gold star panels will make you want to break out a free-wheelin’ bell sleeve blouse and modern-day go-go boots. For some action on the streets, top it off with an oversized mock-neck sweater, a knit beanie and OTK boots.
14. Kayu Velvet Star Clutch ($205): What would the holiday party circuit — and subsequently NYE — be without a swanky velvet clutch featuring metallic embroidered stars? It’ll look just as luxe teamed with a sheer blouse and denim button-front skirt as a flowy white chiffon gown. Sign us up, please.
15. Forever 21 Star Print Oblong Scarf ($8): No more excuses! The time has come to scoop up an Instababe-approved oblong scarf that can be styled a million ways. For an alternative look, pair it alongside a white tee and leather moto jacket — and let the compliments rack up.
16. Topshop Star Print Playsuit ($90): Show off a little bit of leg, why don’t ya?! With black tights and combat boots in tow, this sultry star print playsuit will make the transition from a.m. to p.m. with just a quick accessory swap (or two). Opt for a felt wide-brimmed hat during the daytime before swiping on a bold red lip and tossing on some contemporary hoops come nightfall.
17. Cambridge Satchel The Medium Star Print Push Lock ($155): Is it a shoulder bag? Is it a clutch? It’s both. This charming twinkle star satchel is for the girl on the go with an agenda filled to the brim with meetings, brunch dates and go-sees. Major swoon.
18. Free People Mixed Moons Dangle Earring Set ($48): Glamorous much? Maybe you’ve been invited to a star-gazing party, or perhaps you have a slew of black tie affairs in your iCal. Either way, these mixed-moon danglers will easily be the highlight of your #OOTN (outfit of the night).
19. Zara Special Edition Stars Scarf ($36): Take any getup from zero to 100 with this shimmery scarf that’s made for astrology lovers. Wear it the next time retrograde hits for good karma and unparalleled style.
20. Anthropologie Stars Align Front-Back Earrings ($44): Wah. We can’t decide what we love more: the hint of turquoise or the stellar gold plating. Slip these bad boys on the next time a case of the outfit blahs hit for a non-fussy look that’s not overbearing in the least. An oversized turtleneck sweater and messy top knot may be in order for that comfy-cozy “cabin in the woods” feeling.
21. Free People Face Lace Eye Stick on Set ($20): Babe, you were born to stand out. Take it there with these Lady Gaga-inspired star stickers that will make you look (and feel) like a true rockstar. Pair alongside a glistening eye shadow and daytime metallics for a getup that slays around the clock. Make ‘em stop and stare, we say!
22. Lili’s Closet Starland Pullover ($128): Newsflash: Being a self-proclaimed lazy girl doesn’t equate to sloppy dressing. Introducing the slouchy gray starry pullover that will take you from Netflixing and chilling to hitting up a birthday bash. As luck would have it, this hero piece pairs just as exquisitely with a flashy metallic skirt and Doc Martens as conservative boardroom trousers.
Will you be channeling a celestial-inspired look this fall? Follow us on Pinterest for more up-and-coming trends!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.