Move over, unicorn hot chocolate — there’s a new drink in town, and it will make your inner goth squeal. Charcoal lattes are the next big thing, and they are stunning. The magic ingredient to pulling off the black hue — activated charcoal — can have major benefits in your beauty routine, but it’s also super detoxing if you consume it. And not only can it cleanse your digestive system, but it’s also great for bloating and increasing energy. It’s important to note that you must take the recommended dosage… you don’t want to go overboard with this stuff. But when done right — like in this delish latte — it is amazing for your health. Read on and drink up!
makes 1 latte
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon food-grade activated charcoal
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
1. In small pot on medium heat, add all ingredients.
2. Whisk vigorously until milk begins to froth.
3. Add to mug and enjoy warm.
4. Optional: Mix all ingredients and pour in a glass over ice!
Add all ingredients to a small pot and warm over medium heat.
Whisk vigorously until the milk is frothy. You can use a milk frother, if you’re a pro at latte making.
Pour in mugs and enjoy!
Check out how sleek this drink looks.
Sprinkle with cinnamon for some extra decadence.
Trust me: This trend is worth the hype.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.