18 Charcoal Beauty Products That Will Transform Your Routine
So you’ve done the juice detox but you’re still looking for a way to really give your skin that inner glow. Why not add a little black magic to your beauty routine and try the latest trend in beauty products: charcoal. Activated charcoal draws impurities, chemicals, dirt and general junk to the surface of the skin more effectively than your normal face cleanser. It’ll create that glow like you just drank eight cups of water and got eight hours of sleep. From a warming face mask that detoxifies to a sponge that works wonders with just water, here are 18 beauty treats that will work miracles on your skin.
1. Pink Clay and Charcoal Soap ($7): From sensitive to oily skin, pink clay is gentle enough for all skin types. Clay combined with charcoal improves elasticity, extracts impurities and clears blocked pores, while peppermint and grapefruit oils provide an uplifting experience.
2. Bamboo Charcoal Blotting Papers ($8): While you may have been unimpressed with blotting papers before, nothing beats charcoal when it comes to eliminating that midday shine. These thin bamboo sheets boast antibacterial and antifungal properties, making them perfect for preventing breakouts.
3. Pore Minimalist Mask ($35): If you’ve never used a face mask before, you’re in for a real treat. Apply this charcoal mask to your freshly cleaned face, wait 15-20 minutes, gently remove the mask and massage the remaining serum into your ultra clean skin — no need to rinse.
4. Dead Sea Mud and Charcoal Exfoliating Mask ($24): Stop blocking your pores with chemicals and treat yourself to this exfoliating face mask, or just use a dab as a spot treatment for a pesky pimple. The combination of Dead Sea mud and rice bran works to suck out impurities, tighten pores and provide gentle exfoliation.
5. Charcoal + Dead Sea Salt Soap ($18): This organic bar makes a great face soap. Containing activated charcoal, Dead Sea salt, neem and tea tree oil, this all-natural soap is also sustainably packaged (the labels will grow into wild flowers!?).
6. Organic Clarifying Cream Mask ($14): We chug detox juices on a regular basis, but sometimes we forget our skin is holding on to a lot of pollution too. This natural and organic mask is full of activated charcoal, pomegranate and green tea to give you glowing skin in no time.
7. Velvety Black Sugar Cleanser ($32): Black sugar and charcoal gently exfoliate skin and absorb excess oils to leave dull, oily or acne-prone skin feeling fresh. Organic avocado oil also provides moisturizer to your face, body, hands or wherever you choose to slather this amazing cleanser.
8. Charcoal + Cedarwood Soap ($8): If you’re looking for the perfect soap for the man in your life, look no further. Scented with cedar, rosemary and just a hint of sage essential oil, this bar smells like a walk through the woods.
9. Fig + Yarrow Clay Mask ($18): If you have oily skin that’s prone to breakouts, you need this charcoal clay mask immediately. Activated charcoal, black clay and palmarosa essence dissolve dead skin cells and remove dirt and toxins without irritating your skin.
10. Kuro Shampoo ($35): Suitable for normal and oily hair, this shampoo is made with active charcoal powder, which works to cleanse and adsorb impurities from your hair. Plus, it’s handmade in Denmark using only natural ingredients and no harmful substances, so both your hair and the environment are left squeaky clean.
11. DHC Purifying Charcoal Shower Gel Trio ($27): Even though this gel is a disconcerting black color, it smells amazing, purges toxins and rinses cleanly. We promise you won’t come out of the shower a dingy shade of gray.
12. Giovanni D:tox Body Scrub ($10): This body cleanser does double duty as an exfoliant too. Activated charcoal and volcanic ash clean away grime while uplifting fig and green tea essential oils make for a spa-like experience in your own shower.
13. Boscia Black Collection ($39): Go for the whole shebang with this pore-perfecting set. Deep clean, purify and minimize pores with these three tools that promise to have your skin glowing all day long.
14. Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask ($6): This mask comes in pre-packaged portions and heats right up when you rip one open. The charcoal powder is so fine that you don’t feel any kind of scrubbing, but the mask also does a wonderful job of cleansing and exfoliating.
15. Origins Active Charcoal Mask ($25): Your skin will breathe a sigh of relief after using this mask. Activated Charcoal acts like a magnet to draw out deep-dwelling pore-cloggers, while White China Clay absorbs environmental toxins and dissolves impurities.
17. Bamboo Charcoal Exfoliating Body Sponge ($14): This body sponge exfoliates and helps draw out dirt, oil and other icky impurities for beautifully textured and glowing skin. It works effectively to remove dead skin cells, leaving the skin clear and smooth.
18. Detox It Out Charcoal Swabs ($6): These charcoal swabs are perfect for quick, on-the-go makeup removal. Eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, you name it, are no match for these deep-cleansing swabs.
Have you used any charcoal beauty products? Share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)