Now that fall is right around the corner, there’s a tangible excitement for back-to-school goods and style. For those of us whose school days are long behind us, we might actually miss some of the things that come with being a student. Maybe not the hours upon hours of sitting in a classroom, studying and writing essays — but definitely the feeling of cracking open a brand new notebook, shopping for some fresh new threads and also rocking a shiny new book bag.
Perhaps you think your days of carrying a backpack are behind you, but pssshh, they’re totally not. Don’t let the kids have all the fun with their back-to-school shopping! Here are 15 ultra-chic backpacks that are completely age-appropriate for grownups.
1. McLovebuddy Convertible Tote Backpack ($210): It’s a backpack. It’s a tote. No, it’s actually both. This versatile bag comes with plenty of room for your laptop and belongings, but gives you the choice of how to carry. Plus, the graphic triangle design and real leather straps are totally on trend.
2. Herschel Supply Co Post Backpack in Chambray Blue Spot ($99): This adorable baby blue Herschel breaks the mold with its asymmetrical spots and leather stripe. It comes with padded shoulder straps for extra comfort. This pack is just the thing for packing a couple of books and blanket for an afternoon in the park.
3. Rockland Backpack ($89): While this satchel comes with lots of school-kid charm, this is definitely a backpack for adults. Made with two-toned leather and a top flap with magnetic closures, this is one bag you’ll like toting to the office.
4. Baggu Canvas Backpack in Splotch ($38): Just because you’re a grownup doesn’t mean you have to ditch bright colors. This adorable cerulean canvas pack knapsack from Baggu is just the right size for all your personal belongings, so you can lug around your stuff with ease.
5. Matt & Nat Vignelli Backpack ($150): Matt & Nat’s super structured vegan leather backpack is the ultimate replacement for your briefcase. This thing is so classy, even the stiffest corporate firms won’t mind that you’re wearing a backpack.
6. ASOS Hologram Canvas Mix Backpack ($50): The canvas and hologram mix makes this backpack supremely cool. Wear it with a cute sundress and you’re ready to go brunching with your girlfriends. Plus, didn’t you know hologram material is basically a neutral?
7. Grafea Hari Backpack in Peach ($226): This Grafea Hari pack is made with real leather and features lots and LOTS of pockets, which makes it perfect for traveling. That front pocket is just the right size for easy access to your passport, boarding pass and maybe a snack.
8. Fossil Hudson Sling ($120): This sling backpack is a chic update on the traditional two-shoulder pack. The cool embroidery and leather tassels makes this your new go-to beach bag.
9. Fjällraven “Kånken” Water Resistant Backpack in Peach Pink ($75): The pretty peachy pink of this knapsack is perfect for a weekend getaway or even a day at the coffee shop. The classic Fjällraven shape is also iconically stylish. Not to mention, this bag is water resistant, so you don’t have to fret if you spill your drink on it.
10. ASOS Leather Backpack With Oversized Tassel ($64): No closet would be complete without a black leather backpack, and those oversized tassels make a huge statement. Swap your purse for this backpack and #rockthecroptop for a totally ’90s vibe. Plus, this budget-friendly option is made with genuine leather.
11. Lulu Guinness Customizable Tape Face Satin Backpack ($285): Just because you’re a grownup doesn’t mean you’ve lost your sense of fun. This playful backpack by Lulu Guinness actually lets you customize the color of the eyes and lips for a bag that’s uniquely yours.
12. Kimchi Blue Clean Colorblock Backpack ($54): This Kimchi Blue faux leather backpack sports some structure + bright, eye-catching colors. It also has a nifty wrapped leather handle for easy carrying. This is definitely an upgrade from the pack of your school days.
13. Rampage Chevon Backpack in Wine ($55): This affordable yet incredibly chic burgundy knapsack is the ultimate travel pack. The chevron details and gold hardware make this bag look a whole lot more expensive than it is. It’s got a roomy front pocket for all your travel essentials.
14. ASOS Festival Backpack ($48): This super fun backpack is absolutely the right bag for road trips, weekend getaways and, you guessed it, festivals. The bold patterns + three layers of fringe (including one pink!) will go great with your crop top, fringe leather skirt and lots of flash tats.
15. Forever21 Classic Striped Backpack ($25): This simple-yet-chic classic striped backpack has faux leather accents and pulls and has a cool nautical vibe. Plus, your wallet is going to like the price on this one.
Do you have any favorite styles? Tell us in the comments below!