12 Home Gym Essentials That Will Actually Fit in With Your Decor
For many of us, 2017 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2018! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January for new ideas, hacks, and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
Whether you’re inspired to give your home gym a bit of a New Year’s makeover or you’re just seeking a few colorful updates to punch up your fitness gear, January 2018 is the time to do so. Working out indoors during the winter doesn’t have to be a chore with the right equipment to motivate you. From storage solutions for your workout wear to a vibrant yoga mat worthy of a magic carpet ride, we have 12 fun home gym essentials that will fit in with your decor all year long. Don’t sweat it — see the below.
1. DIY Minty Cooling Body Mist: You’ve hit the treadmill extra hard today, and now you need to cool off before you dash out on an iced coffee run. No time to jump in the shower? No worries, as you can DIY a bottle of minty cooling mist that will not only cool your muscles down, but make you smell clean and refreshed. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Magic Carpet Yoga Mats Adult Rose Traditional Yoga Mat ($98): Why have a basic black yoga mat when you can have a vibrant, magical one? Just as Aladdin won Princess Jasmine’s heart with his magical carpet, you can win at your workout with this ornate rose colored yoga mat.
3. DIY Dip Dye Laundry Bag: This easy tutorial shows you how to create a pretty laundry bag to house all of your dirty workout clothes. No more excuses for your yoga pants to be rumpled in the room’s corner — keep your workout space cute and organized with a little dip-dye action. (via Paper & Stich)
4. Sunny Health and Fitness Treadmill ($327): Whoever said they don’t like running on a treadmill never ran on a pink one! Punch up your workout room with this cheerful machine that will make all of your other exercise equipment jealous.
5. Magic Carpet Yoga Mats Organic Mat Cleanse ($14): Right after you sweat it out on the yoga mat, you’ll want to sanitize it. Naturally, being the yogi that you are, you’ll want to do so with an organic product. This Fat Moon mat cleanse will be your post-yoga BFF.
6. DIY Routine Organizer: No matter how big or small, your home gym can always use more ways to organize your equipment. This over-the-door room organizer is a perfect post-Christmas DIY you can try in order to tidy up your workout space. True, the picture above has bathroom essentials, but we envision your jump ropes, weight gloves, small dumbbells and mat cleanse inside. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. Sunny Health and Fitness Pink Elliptical ($124): How cute is this pink elliptical trainer? Aside from feeling like Barbie every time you work in some cardio, it’s small enough to fit in the tiniest home gyms. Plus, major points if you get the matching treadmill.
8. DIY Pink Spraypainted Garbage Can: Just when you thought you couldn’t add any more feminine touches to your exercise area, think again, as this pink trash can DIY is waiting for you. You’ll for sure be feeling “So Fresh So Clean,” what with the fitness and clean eating regimen your cute home gym inspires. (via Best Friends for Frosting)
9. Sneaker Balls Tie Dye Sneaker Balls ($9): For nine bucks, you can keep your closet smelling fresh and clean with a few of these deodorizers that eat up any post-workout fumes. The fact that they’re tie dye is just an awesome bonus.
10. Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker ($129): A solid, high-energy playlist is a must-have for any good sweat sesh. Of course, a cute yet powerful Bluetooth speaker is required. When the Bose isn’t blasting pumping jams, it will brighten up your shelf.
11. Smart Storage: Creating a pretty storage area in your exercise room is the best way to stay focused on your workout and keep concise with your home decor. You can store your shoes, towels, dumbbells and fitness DVDs on the shelves. (via Best Friends for Frosting)
12. S’Well Bottle in Bikini Pink ($35): While you’re working your glutes on your Barbie pink treadmill, drink in pink too with this vibrant S’Well water bottle. Alas, a sipper that will keep your water ice cold for the full 45 minutes of cardio. Good luck!
Like what you see? Follow us on Pinterest for more home gym organizing ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.