Sometimes you need coffee and dessert, simultaneously. And iced coffee is a perfect and delicious pick-me-up, especially on a hot afternoon. Maybe it’s the DIY in us, but we never really understood paying $4 for an iced coffee when we can make the same deliciousness in our own kitchen! So, it’s time to experiment with being your own barista. Check out these 21 iced coffee recipes that we’re super excited to try!
1. Condensed Milk Iced Coffee: It is tradition in Spain to drink hot shots of espresso with a generous scoop of condensed milk to add creamy sweetness, but obviously it’s extra delicious iced. (via Delicious Shots)
7. Cookies and Cream Mocha Milkshake: Between the little bits of cookies that add texture, the mocha undertones and the sweet, creamy ice cream, we are treading very close to dessert territory here. (via Averie Cooks)
8. Cold Brew Coffee: Have you tried cold brew yet? Instead of the bitterness you get when you chill hot brewed coffee, you get a smooth, dark and rich iced coffee that you’ll be craving all afternoon! (via A New Bloom)
9. Salted Chocolate Iced Coffee: Not only is this iced mocha easier on your wallet, it’s also healthier and bursting with espresso, chocolate and a sprinkle of salt! (via The Housewife in Training Files)
10. Coffee Ice Cream Desserts: What do you get when you add ice cream to coffee? That’s right, the MOST delicious iced coffee ever. Technically, this is five different icy coffee-y treats in one mouth-watering vid and tutorial, but we think you’ll let us slide since we’re sharing each with you all. (via Brit + Co)
11. Coffee Ice Cubes: Nothing is worse than not drinking your iced coffee fast enough and getting all that extra ice cube water. After trying these coffee ice cubes, you’ll never go back to water again. (via High Walls)
13. Milky Vietnamese Coffee Popsicles: Technically a popsicle made out of iced coffee is still iced coffee. Although you might be tempted to just drink this coffee instead of putting it into the popsicle molds! (via Poppytalk)
17. Skinny Caramel Frappe: Finally, an incredible dessert-like iced coffee that we can drink with no guilt! This blended coffee is cold, creamy, rich and satisfying… and only 50 calories per serving! (via Averie Cooks)
19. Kahlua Iced Coffee: Perfect for when those afternoon coffee breaks turn into evening coffee breaks, this spiked version of iced coffee is everything you could ask for at five o’clock. (via Lick My Spoon)
20. Iced Coffee Concentrate: Cold-brewing iced coffee results in a delicious, potent elixir that can give you a seriously surprising caffeine jolt. This concentrate is meant to be mixed with an equal amount of water and poured over a glass packed with ice. (via Kitchen Treaty)
What is your favorite way to drink iced coffee? Do you prefer it black or are you a blended caramel frappe lover? Talk to us in the comments below!
Need a creativity spark? Take one of our FREE online classes today!