13 Reasons Why Coffin Nails Are the Hottest Mani Trend for Summer
Between pool parties, weddings and BBQs, you’ve got a slew of summer social events coming your way, which is why we love this hot new nail trend that is guaranteed to class up any look. Similar in shape to a stiletto, coffin nails are long, tapered and filed flat at the tip. The effect is equal parts edgy and elegant. Swoon-worthy when worn in almond or nude, this nail is also right on trend in dark vampy colors like gray, maroon, green or black (especially with a matte finish). You can also try it in any summer nail color of your choosing. Scroll on for 13 ways to wear coffin nails this season.
1. Nude: Make nude nails your next-level signature style, because they go with just about everything. This minimalist mani looks pretty and polished, but it won’t upstage your thoughtfully curated ensemble. (via Look)
2. Hollywood Coffin Nails: Gorgeous nail art like this is like having a masterpiece at your fingertips. These nails by Next Top Nail Artist Sarah Elmaz were inspired by the iconic Hollywood sign and will give you major starlet appeal. (via NailsMag)
3. Classic Claret: Bring on the femme fatale vibes of Hollywood’s golden era with glossy red lacquer polish that is perfectly vamp. Take this classic hue to new heights on the coffin nail.
4. Matte Maroon: Darker colors look more glam than goth with a chic matte finish. Picture this mani at an evening wedding with a backless dress and a silver clutch — swoon.
5. Matte Black: If there was ever a mani that looked great no matter what you were wearing, this is it. Cool and elegant, it will look just as perfect with stiletto booties as it does with Steve Madden Crushers. (via The Zoe Report)
6. Black With Lace: Dress up a matte black hand with just a hint of lace on one digit. The single gray nail with white etching makes this mani stand out for a delightful goth-inspired look. (via MandiieMartinez)
7. Matte Green: Khaki green coffin nails are an unexpected must for the summer season. Don’t forget to add a slew of gold midi rings for a Kardashian-approved mani. The juxtaposition of masculine and feminine vibes is an industry fave for giving Insta-worthy edge to any look.
8. French Manicure: The classic French mani is a go-to style for girly girls everywhere, but this staple looks more on trend than ever in a coffin shape. Wear it with your fave boyfriend sweater for masculine-meets-feminine vibes. (via The Odyssey Online)
View this post on Instagram
Clients view @mahana89 #nails #nail #fashion #style #lightelegance #tmblrfeature #beauty #beautiful #instagood #pretty #girl #girls #styIlish #sparkles #styles #le #nailart #art #opi #photooftheday #nailaddicts #gelnails #gelenaglar #nagelgodis #rosa #love #shiny #polish #nailjunkiee #nailswag
A post shared by Doesnt work with nails anymore (@missnicolemaria) on
11. Ombre With Glitter: These ultra-long coffin nails have a little bit of everything. French mani? Check. Ombre? Check. Glitter? Done and done. These dazzling tips are so stunning they require their own runway.
13. Coral: Neon is a summer statement that never gets old thanks to that instant drama. This mani would look as great with a white maillot as it would with a black bikini.
Want more mani-spiration for the summer? Follow us on Pinterest for all the nail goodness.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)