13 Reasons Why Coffin Nails Are the Hottest Mani Trend for Summer
Between pool parties, weddings and BBQs, you’ve got a slew of summer social events coming your way, which is why we love this hot new nail trend that is guaranteed to class up any look. Similar in shape to a stiletto, coffin nails are long, tapered and filed flat at the tip. The effect is equal parts edgy and elegant. Swoon-worthy when worn in almond or nude, this nail is also right on trend in dark vampy colors like gray, maroon, green or black (especially with a matte finish). You can also try it in any summer nail color of your choosing. Scroll on for 13 ways to wear coffin nails this season.
1. Nude: Make nude nails your next-level signature style, because they go with just about everything. This minimalist mani looks pretty and polished, but it won’t upstage your thoughtfully curated ensemble. (via Look)
2. Hollywood Coffin Nails: Gorgeous nail art like this is like having a masterpiece at your fingertips. These nails by Next Top Nail Artist Sarah Elmaz were inspired by the iconic Hollywood sign and will give you major starlet appeal. (via NailsMag)
3. Classic Claret: Bring on the femme fatale vibes of Hollywood’s golden era with glossy red lacquer polish that is perfectly vamp. Take this classic hue to new heights on the coffin nail.
4. Matte Maroon: Darker colors look more glam than goth with a chic matte finish. Picture this mani at an evening wedding with a backless dress and a silver clutch — swoon.
5. Matte Black: If there was ever a mani that looked great no matter what you were wearing, this is it. Cool and elegant, it will look just as perfect with stiletto booties as it does with Steve Madden Crushers. (via The Zoe Report)
6. Black With Lace: Dress up a matte black hand with just a hint of lace on one digit. The single gray nail with white etching makes this mani stand out for a delightful goth-inspired look. (via MandiieMartinez)
7. Matte Green: Khaki green coffin nails are an unexpected must for the summer season. Don’t forget to add a slew of gold midi rings for a Kardashian-approved mani. The juxtaposition of masculine and feminine vibes is an industry fave for giving Insta-worthy edge to any look.
8. French Manicure: The classic French mani is a go-to style for girly girls everywhere, but this staple looks more on trend than ever in a coffin shape. Wear it with your fave boyfriend sweater for masculine-meets-feminine vibes. (via The Odyssey Online)
View this post on Instagram
Clients view @mahana89 #nails #nail #fashion #style #lightelegance #tmblrfeature #beauty #beautiful #instagood #pretty #girl #girls #styIlish #sparkles #styles #le #nailart #art #opi #photooftheday #nailaddicts #gelnails #gelenaglar #nagelgodis #rosa #love #shiny #polish #nailjunkiee #nailswag
A post shared by Doesnt work with nails anymore (@missnicolemaria) on
11. Ombre With Glitter: These ultra-long coffin nails have a little bit of everything. French mani? Check. Ombre? Check. Glitter? Done and done. These dazzling tips are so stunning they require their own runway.
13. Coral: Neon is a summer statement that never gets old thanks to that instant drama. This mani would look as great with a white maillot as it would with a black bikini.
Want more mani-spiration for the summer? Follow us on Pinterest for all the nail goodness.