12 Colorful Ways to Amp Up Your Curb Appeal
Your abode’s first impression — that all-important stoop, front porch, or apartment door — announces your style: Are you totally traditional? Mid-century to the max? Obsessed with flamingos? Whatever your look, you want that first impression to be SO you, with all the color and personality that your place has inside. So slap on a fresh coat of paint, hang a wreath, and bookmark these smart buy-or-DIY ways to add vibrant, colorful curb appeal to chez you.
1. Floral Monogram Wreath: Sweet flowers, whimsical ribbon, and your initial — this wreath is totally you. Quick! To the faux florals. (via Twinstripe)
2. The Vinyl Company Hello Vinyl Decal ($6): Welcome your guests before they even get to the door. This handy decal is easy to apply, but you could also paint your own version in your favorite font.
3. Coral Front Door: Warmer days call for a fresh coat of paint on your poor, winter-battered front door. Wipe away the salt stains and mud and apply a cheery color — we’re loving this soft, peachy pink. (via Suburban Pop)
4. DIY Wooden Doormat: This easy-make version allows for drainage AND for you to pick some seriously fun colors. (via One Good Thing)
5. DIY Brick Library: Leftover patio bricks + outdoor paint = the most creative way to add some intrigue to your front steps since pumpkins on Halloween! Paint your literary faves, or invent some fun titles to pay homage to your favorite people and things. (via KU Alumni Association)
6. DIY Monogram Planter: Take your planter game up a level with this hanging monogram. Fill it with your favorite annuals, succulents, or an edible garden. (via Romedelaholic)
7. DIY Turf Modern House Number: If the UPS guy can never find your door, this playful turf project makes your house number pop. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. DIY Planter Entryway Bench: Live down a laneway? Rock the side entrance? Why not give your guests a place to take a load off? This ingenious planter bench is a welcoming way to invite people to sit and stay awhile. (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Painted Floor Tiles: Perk up your walkway or stoop with this stencil project. Your concrete will never be the same — and that’s a good thing. (via Old Brand New)
10. DIY Gold Lawn Flamingos: The pink ones are a classic, but put your own spin on this retro trend with sophisticated metallic tones. These beauties are the 24K magic your yard needs. (via Little Miss Party Planner)
11. DIY Glass Storm Door Update: With some window cling and an applicator, you can give yourself some privacy and color all at the same time. (via Dream Green DIY)
12. Anthropologie Spring Planter Hack: You need some next-level planters to set your door apart from all the others in your row. This easy and customizable fabric technique will let your begonias will shine like no other. (via Brit + Co)
Working on your curb appeal? Follow us on Pinterest for more inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.