12 Colorful Doormats for Next-Level Spring Decor
Spring DIYs are all about brightening up your space, both indoors and out. If you’ve already mastered the DIY watercolor lanterns to help you bring the outdoors in, it’s time to bring some of that cheery springtime color to your front porch for all to see. Spruce up your doorstep with one of the 12 fab and functional doormats below, and welcome both you and your guests with a cheerful greeting before you even cross the threshold. However you choose to send the message, these colorful welcome mats are sure to brighten up your day.
1. DIY Watermelon Doormat: If you’re down to get a little crafty, take a bite out of this DIY. Just cut out your desired shape, spray paint and wait to dry! It’ll freshen things up and add some much-needed color. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Geometric Welcome Mat: There’s no hiding from the geometric trend that’s taken over Pinterest. And besides, let’s face it — it’s too cute to ignore. To bring the trend to your front door, use painter’s tape to create your desired geometric pattern onto your mat, and then alternate painting in each of the vibrant colors. (via Curbly)
3. DIY Quote Bubble Welcome Mat: This hot pink doormat is so bright it might knock your guests’ socks off — literally. Stick to a cheeky greeting like this one, or choose your own for a cute DIY quote bubble mat. (via I Spy DIY)
4. Hlynur Atlason Above Home Floor Mats ($90): Who said art should keep to the walls? Try a contemporary take on the traditional doormat with this super artsy print that’s reminiscent of a backyard swimming pool.
5. Cactus Doormat ($39): Who knew a bunch of cacti would make an adorable doormat pattern? This hand-painted doorstep decor is also customizable: Put all your cacti in a row, or substitute pink hearts instead of triangles. Get creative with your designs!
6. Garnet Hill Doormat Collection — Hello Doormat ($38): There’s no better way to greet guests before actually getting to the door than with this bright and colorful “Hello” doormat. Made of 100% biodegradable natural coir, this mat is one you won’t feel guilty purchasing.
7. Ooh La La Doormat ($45): If there’s something in the air other than butterflies for you this spring, say so with this cute, romantic doormat. The pink + white combo is perfect for your French girl vibe when that cutie pops by for a little date night in.
8. DIY Colorful Triangle Pattern Doormat: Put a simple spin on the geometric trend with this pink and turquoise triangle pattern. For an even more adventurous take, brighten up the background with an equally vibrant pop of color. There are no rules when it comes to DIY, except that you just have to have fun with it. (via Miss Renaissance)
9. Spring Coir Doormat — Going to Market ($79): There are so many things about spring that make us love its arrival: There are birds chirping in the air, butterflies fluttering by and flowers blooming. This adorable bicycle print with baskets full of flowers is the real deal.
10. Entryways Handmade Flamingos Doormat ($40): Bring your favorite color (and animal) to your front porch with this all-pink flamingo doormat. It’ll go perfectly with that flamingo party you’re planning.
11. Anthropologie Handwoven Doormat ($98-$198): This gorgeous handwoven doormat will wow your guests all season long. While there’s no denying that it’s almost too pretty to step on, its sturdy design is sure to keep it both functional and fab.
12. Rainbow Colored Wood Doormat ($60): Don’t let the fun rainbow colors fool you — this doormat means business when it comes to removing dirt and mud. Not only is its reclaimed wood design good for the environment, it’s also super sturdy!
How are you getting ready for spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more spring decor inspo.