In case you haven’t heard, flamingos are currently the “it” motif of the season. But they’re not just confined to your wardrobe or home decor anymore — flamingo-themed parties are officially becoming a thing… so say the party gods at least. With the official arrival of summer just around the corner, there’s no time like the present to share our mutual love for all things pretty + pink. Call up your closest gal pals and get ready to celebrate with these 19 flamingo party essentials. Cheers!
1. Flamingo Printable Invites: As it turns out, your grade school days of hand-making party invitations aren’t too far behind you after all. Get out your arts and crafts box and spruce up these printable flamingo invites with a customized message of your own. (via Oh Happy Day)
2. Flamingo Cookies: Take note: These aren’t your average sugar cookies. *Almost* too presh to eat, these pretty-in-pink lawn-flamingo cookies are guaranteed to be an instant hit among partygoers. (via Tell Love and Chocolate)
3. DIY Flamingo Piñata: This pink flamingo piñata is calling for us (and every other five-year-old who dreams of such things). If you ask us, a DIY piñata trumps the store-bought kind any day. (via Studio DIY)
4. Grown-Up Pink Lemonade: Watch out, ’cause this pink lemonade has a nice little punch to it. The mixture of beer, vodka, lemonade and Cherry 7Up makes for a refreshing summer drink that’s sure to satisfy your adult taste buds. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
5. Flamingo Ice Cube Tray ($21): Square ice cubes are so passé. If you’re not using flamingo ice cube trays, then you’re really not doing it right.
7. Flamingo Cake Topper ($8): In addition to all of the other sweets, there will be cake too. You can count on that. And where there’s a pink cake, you can bet that a glittery flamingo topper won’t be too far behind.
8. Flamingo Party Essentials: On your next Party City run, don’t forget to pick up the essentials. Pink gingham napkins, colorful leis and flamingo-inspired party favors are a sample of what you need to host the ultimate summer soiree. (via Best Friends for Frosting)
9. Flamingo Candles ($17): From the lawn to your cake, flamingos are simply popping up everywhere. You know what they say: Flamingos who flock together, stay together.
10. Island Love Tassel Garland ($50): So. Pretty. Whether you have an indoor or outdoor shindig, this tassel garland is exactly what you need to take your party to the next level. As a final touch, tie on some balloons for that extra bit of whimsy.
11. Peace Love & Party Balloons ($5): #SorryNotSorry, but these party balloons are obligatory. Not only will they spruce up the decor of your party, but the message is spot on.
12. Inflatable Flamingo ($69): If you have a pool, then you might as well make it a flamingo pool party — duh! This flamingo inflatable float will have everyone — kids and adults included — flocking to get a pic floating around on this fella.
13. Flamingo Cake Topper: Knock everyone’s socks off with this totally reusable flamingo cake topper ($138) from BHLDN. If you are feeling ambitious, try this DIY from The Party Girl. (via Studio DIY)
14. Confetti ($5): Fact: It’s not a flamingo party until you have celebratory confetti to toss around. This peachy-pink color palette just so happens to be our jam.
15. 65’’ Air Walking Flamingo Balloon ($25): Go big or go home. That’s all we’re saying. Stick one of these life-size, air-walking flamingo balloons in your front yard and the theme of your party will be loud and clear.
16. DIY Flamingo Picnic Blanket: What’s pink, green and printed with flamingos all over? All signs point to this preppy DIY dropcloth-tuned-picnic-blanket that has been stamped with flamingo stencils. Now, let’s get this party started with a game of paddle racket. (via A Bubbly Life)
17. Pink Lemonade Cupcakes: Pinch us, please. There are few things in this world — not even our unwavering love for pink — that surpass Arnold Palmer cupcakes. Whoever thought to substitute iced tea for water is genius. (via Brit + Co)
19. DIY Flamingo Favor Bag: Us adults enjoy party favors too. Besides, these Kate Spade-inspired flamingo bags are too cute to pass up. Since the template and step-by-step instructions are already provided, all you’ll need to get started is pink cardstock and white paper bags. (via Oh Happy Day)
Will you be throwing a flamingo party this summer? Tell us in the comments below!