There’s something to be said for a colorful accessory or OMG-worthy statement piece that demands attention on the spot, especially with summer right around the corner. Ditch your rotation of snoozy basics (sorry, minimalist enthusiasts!) for playful pom-poms you can sport on your spring espadrilles and sandals, in your hair or even around your neck. Not only will you feel like a true island girl, but you’ll be ready to conquer your fair share of tropical-themed weddings, Cinco de Mayo festivals and Hawaiian luaus without any hesitation. Don’t delay: Add these 22 pom-pom-embellished pieces to your spring capsule wardrobe for endless outfit inspo. You’re welcome!
1. ASOS Festival Pom Pom Headband ($13): Repeat after us: Pom-pom headbands are the new flower crowns of festival season. Take it there by teaming this zany headpiece (excuse us as we take in all those rainbow poms!) with a white maxi dress and a suede fringe vest for a look that’s part boho, part desert chic.
2. J.Crew Striped T-Shirt With Pom-Poms ($55): Can you say next-level stripes? Run, don’t walk, to snag this classic navy striped tee with a delightfully unexpected twist. The playful pom-pom trim is guaranteed to dress up your fave white chino shorts or carefree capris — just add an extra floppy straw hat for the win!
3. BL^NK Oversized Scarf With Multi Colored Pom Poms in Blue ($73): Should you really even go on vacation if you don’t have a resort-ready pom-pom scarf in your suitcase? Between chilly evenings spent by the campfire and a casual stroll along the boardwalk, this free-spirited scarf is a security blanket in disguise.
4. Elina Linardaki Leather Maude Sandals ($195): Have pom-pom sandals, will channel a tropical vacay. Embellished with all sorts of rad doodads (think: friendship charms and poms galore), these handcrafted steppers are a party on your toes. Throw some denim cutoffs or a pleated maxi skirt into the mix for the ultimate festival-going getup.
5. Minkpink Gypsianna Pom Pom Shorts ($69): The moment you get home from work, these lounge-worthy mosaic printed pom-pom shorts will be the first thing you throw on alongside a chambray popover shirt. They’re that comfy. It’s safe to say you’ll never want to take them off.
6. Zara Colorful Pompom and Bead Necklace ($26): A surefire way to take any outfit up a notch (or three) with zero effort? Pop this colorful pom-pom statement necklace over a plain ol’ tee, an office-approved shift dress or a neck-plunging jumpsuit for instant style cred on the daily.
7. Tai Tassel Bracelet/Necklace ($95): Busy girls, rejoice! Keep the outfit conundrums at bay with this necklace-turned-bracelet in disguise that includes festive poms, beads and even a tassel charm. Wear it as a necklace for the boardroom one day, and as a wrap bracelet at a pool party the next.
8. Pitusa Pom Pom Beach Dress ($232): THAT back. Don’t look now, but this white pom-pom beach cover-up is about to steal the thunder from your go-to color-block bikini. For off-duty days spent lounging by the poolside (or dipping your toes in the ocean), this easy-breezy hero piece will fit the bill… and then some.
9. Buji Baja Provence Tote ($165): Resort cannot come soon enough. Tote around your beach (or picnic!) essentials in style with this roomy striped straw tote that will have you ready to take on the Hamptons like that. We’d be lying if we said the poofy charms weren’t our favorite part.
10. Moyna Embroidered Jute Clutch With Pom Pom Trim ($128): Fact: Fruity cocktails and colorful embellished clutches just go together. Whether you’re attending a bachelorette party in an exotic destination or have an upcoming happy hour at your favorite Tex-Mex restaurant, we can think of an occasion or two when this embroidered accessory could come in handy.
11. BaubleBar Solange Drops ($38): Wear dangling poms from our ears? Don’t mind if we do! Pair these tribal-inspired drop earrings with an off-the-shoulder top for date night, or toss ’em on with a power suit for a corporate look that breaks all the rules.
12. For Love & Lemons Alessandra Pompom Crop Top ($115): Between getting hitched at a beachside wedding and treating yo’self to a romantic honeymoon in the Caribbean, you need a pom-pom-trimmed crop top this DDG on standby. Sun-kissed skin and a flower crown are obligatory.
13. Missguided Pom Pom Tassel Festival Straw Fedora Multi ($20): When life’s a beach, remember that pom-pom straw hats do exist for your wearing pleasure. Major bonus: This one’s oversized, meaning you can block out the sun’s harmful rays and look cute as all get out.
14. Band of Gypsies Floral Print High Waist Skirt ($48): Comfort is luxury, people! It doesn’t get much more lazy girl-approved than this tropical floral print skirt featuring a to-die-for pom-pom hemline. Slip this guy over a sultry one-piece swimsuit and some platform espadrilles for endless beach vibes.
15. Free People Pom Pom Floral Braid In ($28): Up your braid game with this floral braid-in hair accessory that won’t go unnoticed during festival season (and beyond). Bring out your inner flower child with some throwback flares and a shoulder-baring top that’s hippie chic at its best.
16. Forever 21 Contemporary Crop Top ($20): When in doubt, crop that top and add a festive trim. ‘Cause why not?! Gear up for a night of salsa dancing with this mustard yellow off-the-shoulder top that’s begging to be paired with palazzo pants and retro shades.
17. Zara Tribal Dress ($50): It’s not every day you stumble upon a one-and-done dress with this much panache. Between the tribal influence, Aztec embroidery and those multicolored poms, you’ve got it made. Proceed to wear it on the veranda with some trusty Birks for a foolproof look that doesn’t mess around.
18. Sam Edelman Gemina Embellished Suede Sandals ($100): Scuba gear: check. An effortless fedora and sunnies for shameless people watching: check. Pom-pom sandals: triple check. Be it a safari adventure or a stint in paradise, don’t leave home without these blue suede sandals that deserve an equally game-changing pedi to match.
19. Liquor & Poker Denim Jacket With Pom Poms ($65): See ya later, patchwork and embroidered denim jackets — there’s a new cool-girl jacket in town that will add major whimsy to your weekend uniform. For a rocker ‘tude, style it alongside white distressed jeans or a free-wheelin’ romper and “ugly” flatforms.
20. ASOS Glamorous Tan Tie Up Pom Pom Flat Sandals ($43): Bring the tropics to you with these eccentric lace-up sandals that can be admired up close and from afar. They’re totally game for anything, from a beach-cation to an outdoor concert with your squad.
21. Scotch & Soda/Maison Scotch Pom Pom Caftan ($195): This goddess-inspired caftan with pink pom-poms is giving us LIFE. From soaking up the rays on the beach to enjoying a scenic view of the ocean from your swanky villa, this breezy cover-up is guaranteed to make you feel flawless like Bey.
22. Catarzi Black and White Straw Hat With Pom Pom Trim ($73): Dare to stand out with this structured straw hat that’s a little bit Jamaican and a lot boho. Team it with a flowy lace tunic dress and some studded ankle booties for a night at the jazz club, or gear up for Bonnaroo by throwing some high-waisted shorts into the mix.
How will you be sporting pom-poms this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.