12 Spring-Ready Espadrilles That Are So 2016
It’s time to unveil those toesies, because, yup, spring is officially a thing, and that means your arsenal of heavy-duty shoes can finally make its way back into storage (so over it). In their place comes a slew of lightened-up kicks — on-trend mules, colorful sneakers and of course a flatform or two — that will do your spring style proud, whether you’re slaying your to-do list or chillin’ on a tropical beach during a much-needed getaway. But there’s one more stepper you’ll definitely want to add to the mix: the espadrille. And we’re not just talking the standard slip-on style you’ve been rockin’ since way back when. This season, the rope-bottomed shoe is stepping up its game to earn a highly coveted spot in your spring capsule wardrobe. From metallic stunners made for hitting the town to skyward-reaching wedges ready to shake up your nine-to-five, these 12 espadrilles will do right by your warm-weather style.
1. ASOS Jericho Sandal Espadrilles ($30): If your much-loved ballet flats are starting to feel meh, swap ’em out for these neon numbers instead. Vibrant leather and printed soles translate to a surprisingly versatile style that can be worn with smart suiting for the office or a chambray shirt dress that reads off-duty cool.
2. André Assous Samantha Sandal ($169): Paired with bomber jackets and athletic tees, these blue beauties serve up endless sports-chic appeal, but they clean up real nice too. Take ’em along to all your spring special events with floral shift dresses and sassy jumpsuits.
3. Free People High Society Heel ($198): These strappy espadrille heels are what footwear dreams are made of. For an upcoming GNO, don’t hesitate to team them with a button-front skirt and suede jacket for the ultimate old-school-meets-new-school ensemble. DO throw in a few colorful pins and a dreamy fishtail braid for good measure.
4. Soludos Vegan Leather Espadrilles ($48): They’re like your favorite espadrilles, but with a whole new attitude. Leather uppers and sheer paneling are guaranteed to add modern flair to laid-back leisurewear and ditsy floral dresses alike.
5. Love Moschino Metallic Espadrille Sandals ($138): Meet the anything-but-average espadrilles you’ll want to whip out for every occasion. For the ultimate after-hours look, style these metallic numbers with culottes, a silky cami and neon nails. A vibrant clutch and a bronze smokey eye are definitely in order.
6. French Sole Rapture Wedge Espadrille ($188): Enter the shoe that will take your nine-to-five wardrobe by storm. Equal parts sophisticated and chic, they straight-up slay when paired with jacquard trousers and sleeveless blazers. Go for it; we dare you.
7. River Island Pink Laser Cut Espadrilles ($48): Partnered with a lightweight linen romper and a funky straw fedora, these lace-up espadrilles will fast become the cornerstone of endless casually cool #OOTDs. Effortless is the only word in their vocabulary, making them a shoo-in for both Sunday morning farmers markets and low-key house parties.
8. Jeffrey Campbell Mansfeld Espadrille Wedge ($190): Minimalist muses, meet the statement shoes you’ll reach for again and again. Sure, they’re anything but subtle, but the sleek silhouette and black-and-white print are all about keepin’ it real. Style them alongside a jersey midi skirt and a cold-shoulder blouse for a throw-on-and-go getup that will double those double taps every time.
9. Kendall & Kylie Jackie White Leather Multi Buckle Espadrille Flat Sandals ($127): Who needs flip flops when you can rock these scene-stealers instead? The buckle detail offers just enough don’t-mess edge to toughen up flirty, feminine pieces, but can hang just as easily with cropped jeans, messy buns and oversized tees.
10. Kenzo Tiger Slingback Espadrilles ($222): Got a few extra bucks burning a hole in your pocket? Pick up a pair of these color-block steppers right here. You’ll be saying peace out to standard sneakers and classic flats stat, because these bad boys deliver crazy comfort and non-stop wow-factor. Make them GNO-ready with high-waisted trousers and a cool cold-shoulder top.
11. Free People Charade Espadrille Wedge ($138): Skip the heels without giving up that much-needed boost with sweet Mary Jane wedges in a vibrant shade of green. Dress ’em up with a pleated A-line dress for the office or pare ’em down with leather leggings and a longline tunic. They’ll take you from boardroom meetings to margaritas with the girls just like that.
12. Loeffler Randall Three Strap Flatform ($225): Keep a pair of these strappy leather flatforms on standby for a laid-back-cool getup. Whether you’re reppin’ cropped flares and an off-the-shoulder top or an airy eyelet dress, you’ll reach for these stunners every single time.
Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.