12 Spring-Ready Espadrilles That Are So 2016
It’s time to unveil those toesies, because, yup, spring is officially a thing, and that means your arsenal of heavy-duty shoes can finally make its way back into storage (so over it). In their place comes a slew of lightened-up kicks — on-trend mules, colorful sneakers and of course a flatform or two — that will do your spring style proud, whether you’re slaying your to-do list or chillin’ on a tropical beach during a much-needed getaway. But there’s one more stepper you’ll definitely want to add to the mix: the espadrille. And we’re not just talking the standard slip-on style you’ve been rockin’ since way back when. This season, the rope-bottomed shoe is stepping up its game to earn a highly coveted spot in your spring capsule wardrobe. From metallic stunners made for hitting the town to skyward-reaching wedges ready to shake up your nine-to-five, these 12 espadrilles will do right by your warm-weather style.
1. ASOS Jericho Sandal Espadrilles ($30): If your much-loved ballet flats are starting to feel meh, swap ’em out for these neon numbers instead. Vibrant leather and printed soles translate to a surprisingly versatile style that can be worn with smart suiting for the office or a chambray shirt dress that reads off-duty cool.
2. André Assous Samantha Sandal ($169): Paired with bomber jackets and athletic tees, these blue beauties serve up endless sports-chic appeal, but they clean up real nice too. Take ’em along to all your spring special events with floral shift dresses and sassy jumpsuits.
3. Free People High Society Heel ($198): These strappy espadrille heels are what footwear dreams are made of. For an upcoming GNO, don’t hesitate to team them with a button-front skirt and suede jacket for the ultimate old-school-meets-new-school ensemble. DO throw in a few colorful pins and a dreamy fishtail braid for good measure.
4. Soludos Vegan Leather Espadrilles ($48): They’re like your favorite espadrilles, but with a whole new attitude. Leather uppers and sheer paneling are guaranteed to add modern flair to laid-back leisurewear and ditsy floral dresses alike.
5. Love Moschino Metallic Espadrille Sandals ($138): Meet the anything-but-average espadrilles you’ll want to whip out for every occasion. For the ultimate after-hours look, style these metallic numbers with culottes, a silky cami and neon nails. A vibrant clutch and a bronze smokey eye are definitely in order.
6. French Sole Rapture Wedge Espadrille ($188): Enter the shoe that will take your nine-to-five wardrobe by storm. Equal parts sophisticated and chic, they straight-up slay when paired with jacquard trousers and sleeveless blazers. Go for it; we dare you.
7. River Island Pink Laser Cut Espadrilles ($48): Partnered with a lightweight linen romper and a funky straw fedora, these lace-up espadrilles will fast become the cornerstone of endless casually cool #OOTDs. Effortless is the only word in their vocabulary, making them a shoo-in for both Sunday morning farmers markets and low-key house parties.
8. Jeffrey Campbell Mansfeld Espadrille Wedge ($190): Minimalist muses, meet the statement shoes you’ll reach for again and again. Sure, they’re anything but subtle, but the sleek silhouette and black-and-white print are all about keepin’ it real. Style them alongside a jersey midi skirt and a cold-shoulder blouse for a throw-on-and-go getup that will double those double taps every time.
9. Kendall & Kylie Jackie White Leather Multi Buckle Espadrille Flat Sandals ($127): Who needs flip flops when you can rock these scene-stealers instead? The buckle detail offers just enough don’t-mess edge to toughen up flirty, feminine pieces, but can hang just as easily with cropped jeans, messy buns and oversized tees.
10. Kenzo Tiger Slingback Espadrilles ($222): Got a few extra bucks burning a hole in your pocket? Pick up a pair of these color-block steppers right here. You’ll be saying peace out to standard sneakers and classic flats stat, because these bad boys deliver crazy comfort and non-stop wow-factor. Make them GNO-ready with high-waisted trousers and a cool cold-shoulder top.
11. Free People Charade Espadrille Wedge ($138): Skip the heels without giving up that much-needed boost with sweet Mary Jane wedges in a vibrant shade of green. Dress ’em up with a pleated A-line dress for the office or pare ’em down with leather leggings and a longline tunic. They’ll take you from boardroom meetings to margaritas with the girls just like that.
12. Loeffler Randall Three Strap Flatform ($225): Keep a pair of these strappy leather flatforms on standby for a laid-back-cool getup. Whether you’re reppin’ cropped flares and an off-the-shoulder top or an airy eyelet dress, you’ll reach for these stunners every single time.
Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)