The 10 Best Brands for Plus-Size Wedding Dresses
Out of every dress a girl wears in her life, the wedding dress takes the cake (pun intended). Your dress should leave you with memories of pure bliss and happiness — and make you look and feel like a major babe. Luckily, more and more brands are creating plus-size dresses that look gorgeous on every shape and size AND are still 100 percent on trend and fabulous. With these 10 finds you can have the dress of your dreams.
1. Alfred Angelo: If you want to get inspired by the look and feel of some amazing dresses, this company is a great place to start. We love that this featured dress ($749) adds a sophisticated ruffle without adding bulk.
3. Nordstrom: Don’t ignore your favorite department stores when you’re looking for a simple wedding dress at just the right price. This tiered lace dress ($129) creates a statement without breaking the bank. Plus, if you want to be less traditional you can also order the dress in peach.
5. David’s Bridal: The slogan is true: You’ll LOVE David’s Bridal. They have almost every style of dress under the sun. And the train on this lace gown ($824) adds just the right amount of dramatic appeal.
6. ASOS: You can be certain ASOS is keeping up with the latest trends, even for your wedding. If the ceremony and party blend into one, you’ll definitely want a dress like this ($74). It’ll fit both occasions just right.
8. Tadashi Shoji: If you want to make a statement at your wedding, this is the bridal designer for you. This wedding dress ($428) goes beyond the basics to offer varied layers of colors and dimensions.
9. IGIGI: Once you find a dress that offers comfort with a shimmer of sparkle, such as this dress ($448), you can get started on your honeymoon wardrobe because IGIGI specializes in plus-sized clothing for every occasion.
Are you getting married soon? What style caught your attention? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)