10 Super Comfy (+ Chic) Shoes You Can Walk in All Day
If you commute to work in one pair of comfortable shoes and you keep a pair of more professional shoes at your desk, or find yourself weighing whether you’d rather look chic or be foot-painless in your next #OOTD, then listen up! One of our Re:Make speakers this year wants to ensure that you never have to face those dilemmas ever again. As an orthopedic surgeon-turned-shoe designer, Dr. Taryn Rose knows a thing or two about keeping your toes happy: She heads up not one, but two comfy-chic footwear brands — the eponymous Taryn Rose and a new line of hot going-out heels named DRESR — and will definitely be dropping some knowledge on how to #Girlboss your way through the day in five-inch heels at Re:Make 2015. To get you all pumped (pun intended), here are 10 pairs of shoes that will keep you well-heeled (and pain-free) all day.
1. Everlane Street Shoe ($140): These sporty slip-ons are made of soft Italian leather, feature a sleek, modern silhouette and are ready to replace your day-to-day work loafers. Plus, they have a cushioned platform sole that will make your feet say, “Oh yeahhh.”
2. Taryn Rose Tonga Bootie ($279): This sleek leather bootie is made of soft black leather and has super on-trend neoprene accents for easy slip-on. Bonus: these stylish heels are actually orthotic, so your podiatrist would definitely approve.
3. Puma Solange Suede Classic Women’s Sneakers ($90): Talk about showstoppers. Given that they’re a limited edition collab between the eternally stylish Solange Knowles and Puma, what else could these sneaks possibly be? We’re eternally grateful that now, just because you’re wearing kicks, doesn’t mean you’re short on style.
4. Jeffrey Campbell Barkley Loafer in Light Grey ($155): The padded leather interior on these heeled loafers keeps your feet couched in some soft, soft cushioning. The wooden sole and durable leather exterior keep make them an everyday classic.
5. Freda Salvador Spark High Vamp D’Orsay Loafer ($450): These d’Orsay loafers are a bit of a splurge, but they are guaranteed head-turners. They’re constructed with a black fish-printed leather upper, rubber-reinforced leather soles and a padded footbed for ultimate support and comfort. No one will ever be able to guess how happy your feet are when you’re wearing these beauties.
6. No. 6 Classic Shoe on High Heel in Mocha ($290): Made of water-repellant nubuck leather and a lacquered wooden base, these modern clogs were made to see you through all climates — except for maybe nor’easters (stick to snowboots for those). The subtle mocha color will pretty much go with anything in your closet.
7. Sam Edelman Nia Sandals in Swamp Blue ($105): Make a bold statement with the electric blue, faux snakeskin design and slight 1 1/2-inch height boost without any discomfort. These also come with a cushy footbed that your sole will love.
8. New Balance 580 Considered Chaos Sneakers ($110): These duds are basically a work of art with its colorful textile and plushy suede combo. This is one pair of sneaks that you won’t want to take off when the commute is over — and we don’t think your colleagues would even blame you.
9. Birkenstock Delmas Sandal in Black Leather ($250): Birkenstocks are super trendy ATM, and it’s seriously easy to *feel* why. These ergonomically correct shoes have a special insole made of cork and latex that will actually mold to your feet as you walk on them. How’s that for bespoke?
10. Dr. Martens Kensington Flora Chelsea Boot ($140): As with all Doc Martens, these classically stylish Chelsea boots come with the brand’s trademark air-cushioned sole. Your feet will, literally, be walking on air. They’re made with ultra-durable, polished leather and an elastic gusset for comfortable slip-on.
BTW, get your tickets to Re:Make here!
Do you have any favorite shoes you can wear all day? Share with us in the comments below!