There’s a new trend in the world of piercing, and it is definitely out of this world. Constellation piercings are a thing, and we gotta say, we love it. This galaxy-inspired style is glamming up the lobes of fashion darlings from coast to coast. As the name would suggest, this starry trend takes shape as a group of piercings — typically three or more — consisting of sparkly studs, huggies, dainty drops or ear jackets scattered throughout your ear. From eye-catching clusters to linear formations, we simply can’t get enough. So we turned to Instagram — the mothership of all things au courant — for some inspo on this season’s most stellar trend. Scroll down for 11 constellation ear piercings that will upgrade your ear game in an instant.
1. Mix and Match: Don’t be afraid to mix and match different styles and sizes. Case in point — these large and small diamonds pair perfectly with a sparkling triangle and studded cartilage ring. In fact, constellation earrings are a fab way to use all your fave studs that are missing their other half.
2. Northern Lights: Tiny studs and simple hoops are the best way to display this Insta-trend in its full glory. Cluster your wee jewels at the top of your ear and then keep it linear along your lobe.
3. The Little Dipper: When in doubt, go dainty for your starry design. Incorporate a row of micro hoops with touches of tiny diamonds and symbolic studs.
4. Lyra, the Harp: Keep your blingier baubles — like hoops and front-back drops— on your lobe. Then play with a cool constellation pattern on your cartilage.
5. Starbursts: Not ready to commit to a cluster of piercings? No problem. Fake it ’til you make it by opting for a sparkling pair of triple starburst studs.
6. Stellar Sparklers: If we wished upon a star, we couldn’t come up with a more mesmerizing mix. Sparkling huggies, ear cuffs and studs collide for a look that is pure elegance.
7. Celestial Coordinates: Go bold and geometric with your bling. Diamond ear jackets and crawlers create a dazzling, over-the-top glam effect that is best if you only have a few piercings.
8. Glam Galaxy: To infinity and beyond! No matter if you’re in a galaxy far far away or here on planet Earth, this pairing of tanzanite, opal and gold studs — plus a micro hoop — is utter perfection.
9. Virgo: It’s written in the stars — or with diamonds, in this case. Zodiac constellation crawlers line the lower and upper ear — separated by a huggie at the conque (seriously, that’s what it’s called).
10. Starry Night: Who says you have to rock the same bling in both ears? Asymmetry is A-OK in our book. Shoot for the stars on your right and the moon on your left.
11. Orion’s Belt: Express your personal style with a trio of shimmering turquoise studs. A sparkly daith piercing is the final twinkling touch.
What are your fave star-studded combos? Share in the comments section below. And for more style inspo, follow us on Pinterest.