We’ve seen it happen before: Accessories once thought to be the dorkiest of duds blossom into hip style essentials from out of no where. Nerdy bow ties are now donned by the dreamiest dudes and black-rimmed glasses, well, who doesn’t know a strikingly good-looking barista with a set of those chunky specs? So basically what were saying is, give the fanny pack a chance this time around — you could even call it a waist pack or belt bag if that makes you feel more inclined to buckle yourself in. Take a peek at these 10 hip pouches that we think could actually kick off a fanny pack comeback.
1. Asos Scallop Detail Bumbag ($34): Whoa, a scalloped trimmed fanny pack in THE most perfect shade of minty green? We’re digging this girly take on the traditionally sporty satchel.
2. Clare Vivier Fannypack ($230): The fanny pack gets a royal makeover with soft Italian leather in this dreamy shade of blue. But don’t miss out on the most major detail: a contrast zipper that boasts a 14K gold plated medallion. So luxe.
3. Bermuda Belt Bag ($25): Put bold geo shapes on nearly anything and we’ll most likely fall hard for it, so you can see why we brought this tribal-inspired belt bag into the mix. Plus, the orange and teal color palette just screams “spring accessory.”
4. Asos Clean Zips Bumbag ($33): One bumbag, three zippers. Stash all of your night out essentials — big and small — in this pretty pastel number.
5. Cabotte Hip Pack ($258): Smudged cheetah spots look tres chic on this satchel-shaped hip pack that’s perfect for hands-free frolicking in the urban jungle.
6. Funky Faux Leather Fanny Pack ($13): A wristlet for your waist! Why not? It sure is a posh little number — we’d even pair it with a pencil skirt!
7. New Look Zip Around Bumbag ($19): A woven tribal-geo pattern puts this faux leather bumbag right on trend. Wear it with a sporty sweatshirt during the weekends, and please, don’t forget to take it with you to the festival grounds!
8. ‘Tacoma’ Camo Waist Pack ($350): If one was to ever splurge on a fanny pack (you know, except for that chained Channel number Kourtney Kardashian was seen sporting), we’d turn your attention to this cool camo piece. ‘Cause that color palette — SA-WOON!
9. Mini Muff Bumbag (out of stock): We know, so cruel to feature an out of stock item, but we’re hoping that if we get enough people to cross their fingers, we’d get a chance to buy this gem-shaped bumbag. And now you know the distance we will go to satisfy our geo obsession.
10. Herschel Supply Co. Seventeen Fanny Pack ($25): This nude and navy piece might be the fanny pack of our dreams — we could totally imagine wearing this dotted number with a relaxed fitted tee and a pair of boyfriend jeans while we run our weekly errands.
BONUS Dare Fanny Pack ($25): OMG! And you thought that having a D.A.R.E. t-shirt made you the king of retro wear? Think again! This lime green ‘90s throwback R.U.L.E.S.!
Real talk: would you ever wear a fanny pack? Are there any totally wearable styles out there that we missed? Tell us in the comments below.