It is officially Christmas week! With just a few days until the 25th, it’s finally time to wrap up all those gifts you’ve got stockpiled for your favorite people.
But first, let’s take a walk down memory lane. Here are 21 creative gift wrap ideas to up your gift game this Christmas.
1. Metallic Tape Toppers: This first gift wrap hack is one of our all-time favorites. Grab a roll of Scotch® Expressions Metallic Tape and lay it across your wrapped gifts in place of ribbon! Make sure to wrap it all the way around for clean, seamless look.
2. Silver-Edged Presents: Like a little metal with your prezzies? Use Scotch® Expressions Tape in Metallic Silver to silver up the edges of your wrapped gifts.
3. Paper Pinwheel Toppers: This technique was inspired by our favorite paper pinwheel party backdrops. It turns out the miniature versions make insanely cute and easy gift toppers.
4. Honeycomb Topper: This takes less than a minute — all you do is a grab a honeycomb and use Scotch® Double Sided Tape to attach it to the top of your gifts.
5. Piñata Present: We love this idea for wrapping up a wine bottle as well. Create fringe layers using crepe paper or streamers, then use Scotch® Double Sided Tape to attach to a wrapped mailer tube or bottle. Easy as pie.
6. Pom Pom Toppers: We love to put pom poms on just about everything!
7. Peekaboo Patterned Wrap: How cool is this? Use punches or a Scotch™ Precision Titanium Utility Knife to cut shapes out of one paper, then layer it over another one. Done and done.
8. Hand-Painted Wrapping Paper: This beautiful hand-painted paper is great inspiration for adding an extra handmade touch to your gifts.
9. Fresh Greenery Gift Garnish: Hit up your backyard to bring this floral loveliness to life. Wrap up a box in a subdued shade of wrapping paper, then use Scotch® GiftWrap Tape and ribbon to attach it to your gift.
10. Confetti and Glitter Gift Wrap: We love confetti and glitter a whole heck of a lot. And guess what? Slap a strip of Scotch® Double Sided Tape on any wrapped gift, and you can create a confetti or glitter stripe instantly.
11. Jolly Fabric Pineapple: For this hack, use Scotch Brand Scissors to cut fabric to a size that fits whatever you’re trying to wrap. Then gather it up and use ribbon to tie it up.
12. Multi-Layered Paper Wrap: Personally, I love mixing prints, patterns and textures, so this option is top notch.
13. Toy Deer Topper: Turn an ornament or toy into a topper to dress up any plain gift.
14. The Sweetest Wrapped Sweets: If sweets are what the people want, give them the sweetest wrapped sweets around.
16. Bon Bon Style Wrap: Who doesn’t love a gift that looks like a giant piece of candy?
17. Heavy Metal Gift Wrap: Metallic details can instantly elevate the look of your gifts.
These last three gift wrap ideas also happen to be the winners of the Most Gifted Wrapper™ contest!
19. Santa Fireplace Scene: The Grand Prize winner ($10,000) is this expertly crafted fireplace scene featuring good old St. Nick. The tape tree is our fave!
20. Have Yourself a Beachy Christmas: First Prize ($5,000) goes to this lovely beachy scene. The intricate details on the flamingo and palm leaves are just perfect.
21. Decorated Deer: And finally, Second Prize ($3,000) goes to this colorful patterned deer. We would love to see this little critter perched under our tree.