21 Creative Gift Wrap Ideas to Up Your Gifting Game
It is officially Christmas week! With just a few days until the 25th, it’s finally time to wrap up all those gifts you’ve got stockpiled for your favorite people.
Over the last few weeks, we’ve shared some of our tried and true gift wrap hacks in partnership with Scotch Brand. We also asked you to share your most brilliant gift wrap ideas over at MostGiftedWrapper.com for the chance to win up to $10,000. Seriously. And guess what? We’ve got three winning designs that we can’t wait to share with you.
But first, let’s take a walk down memory lane. Here are 21 creative gift wrap ideas to up your gift game this Christmas.
1. Metallic Tape Toppers: This first gift wrap hack is one of our all-time favorites. Grab a roll of Scotch® Expressions Metallic Tape and lay it across your wrapped gifts in place of ribbon! Make sure to wrap it all the way around for clean, seamless look.
2. Silver-Edged Presents: Like a little metal with your prezzies? Use Scotch® Expressions Tape in Metallic Silver to silver up the edges of your wrapped gifts.
3. Paper Pinwheel Toppers: This technique was inspired by our favorite paper pinwheel party backdrops. It turns out the miniature versions make insanely cute and easy gift toppers.
4. Honeycomb Topper: This takes less than a minute — all you do is a grab a honeycomb and use Scotch® Double Sided Tape to attach it to the top of your gifts.
5. Piñata Present: We love this idea for wrapping up a wine bottle as well. Create fringe layers using crepe paper or streamers, then use Scotch® Double Sided Tape to attach to a wrapped mailer tube or bottle. Easy as pie.
6. Pom Pom Toppers: We love to put pom poms on just about everything!
7. Peekaboo Patterned Wrap: How cool is this? Use punches or a Scotch™ Precision Titanium Utility Knife to cut shapes out of one paper, then layer it over another one. Done and done.
8. Hand-Painted Wrapping Paper: This beautiful hand-painted paper is great inspiration for adding an extra handmade touch to your gifts.
9. Fresh Greenery Gift Garnish: Hit up your backyard to bring this floral loveliness to life. Wrap up a box in a subdued shade of wrapping paper, then use Scotch® GiftWrap Tape and ribbon to attach it to your gift.
10. Confetti and Glitter Gift Wrap: We love confetti and glitter a whole heck of a lot. And guess what? Slap a strip of Scotch® Double Sided Tape on any wrapped gift, and you can create a confetti or glitter stripe instantly.
11. Jolly Fabric Pineapple: For this hack, use Scotch Brand Scissors to cut fabric to a size that fits whatever you’re trying to wrap. Then gather it up and use ribbon to tie it up.
12. Multi-Layered Paper Wrap: Personally, I love mixing prints, patterns and textures, so this option is top notch.
13. Toy Deer Topper: Turn an ornament or toy into a topper to dress up any plain gift.
14. The Sweetest Wrapped Sweets: If sweets are what the people want, give them the sweetest wrapped sweets around.
15. Paper Circle Gift Topper: Washi tape for the win! You can use it to create stripes of patterned “paper” and then punch circles out of it. Then, use Scotch® Double Sided Tape to create three-dimensional spheres as toppers. (via Brit + Co)
16. Bon Bon Style Wrap: Who doesn’t love a gift that looks like a giant piece of candy?
17. Heavy Metal Gift Wrap: Metallic details can instantly elevate the look of your gifts.
These last three gift wrap ideas also happen to be the winners of the Most Gifted Wrapper™ contest!
19. Santa Fireplace Scene: The Grand Prize winner ($10,000) is this expertly crafted fireplace scene featuring good old St. Nick. The tape tree is our fave!
20. Have Yourself a Beachy Christmas: First Prize ($5,000) goes to this lovely beachy scene. The intricate details on the flamingo and palm leaves are just perfect.
21. Decorated Deer: And finally, Second Prize ($3,000) goes to this colorful patterned deer. We would love to see this little critter perched under our tree.
This post is a collaboration with Scotch Brand.