15 Creative Gift Ideas for Under $30
Who doesn’t love an unexpected, spontaneous yet thoughtful gift from a family member, friend, coworker or that special someone? If you’re looking for the perfect present for the people in your life, these unique gifts ideas will stun your loved ones without breaking your budget. And hey, if you pick one up for yourself too, we won’t tell!
1. Found by B+C Wishbone Mug ($20): Skip the run-of-the-mill coffee mug gift and present your bestie with this unique and eye-catching ceramic wishbone mug to add some extra luck to his or her morning cup of tea.
3. Oh, Hello Friend Pineapple Ring ($16): Is your bestie pine-ing for a weekend getaway? Add a tropical accent to her daily ensemble with this super cute pineapple ring. She’ll be sure to appreciate the thought and the extra bling.
4. Freaker Bromance Knit Freaker Cozy ($10): Help keep your man’s drink hot or cold by surprising him with this thoughtful beverage insulator guaranteed to put a smile on his face.
5. Lillie’s Q BBQ Sauce Trio ($24): Gift the foodie in your life this trio of delicious Carolina regional sauces to test out at their next BBQ, from the traditional Alabama white sauce to the hot and smokey Memphis-style BBQ sauce.
6. Brit + Co Marbled Jewelry Tray Kit by ROCKSBOX ($25): Make your friend’s day with this simple kit that makes two gorgeous marbled jewelry trays with a gilded edge to store all their beads and baubles. Plus they’ll receive their first month of Rocksbox, a subscription-based service that sends a rotating collection of fabulous jewelry via mail, for free! How could your BFF not love this gift?
7. Grow and Make Chai Tea Kit (Caffeinated) ($29): The tea lover in your life is always on the hunt for the next best blend and a fresh supply of tea. Surprise them with this chai kit that creates one gallon of chai that exudes the rich taste of spice, honey and black tea.
8. Zerouv Aviator Mirror Lens Sunglasses ($10): Who doesn’t love a brand new pair of sunnies? Surprise your BFF with these classic metal teardrop aviator gold frames with eye-catching mirror colors.
9. Liddabit Beer + Pretzel Boxed Caramels ($9): Shopping for a coworker gift? You’ll probably want to pick up two boxes of these beer and pretzel boxed caramels — one for your cubicle neighbor and one for you.
10. Enchanted Forest: An Inky Quest + Coloring Book by Johanna Basford ($16): Adult coloring books are all the rage right now — they inspire creativity, beat the daily blues and relieve stress. Whether your friend is artsy or not, she will definitely appreciate this gorgeous coloring book by Johanna Basford to unwind after a long day.
11. Herbs + Oils Bath Test Tube Salt Soak – Set of Three ($12): Bath salts are always a great gift to give your loved ones. This test tube trio includes black lava salt, Pacific and French grey sea salts and Himalayan pink salt, each formulated to achieve different levels of muscle relaxation, skin soothing and detoxing.
12. Grilling Turner ($25): Help your man get his own aromatherapy session on with this super cool grilling turner. He’ll love it!
13. Layered Leather Bracelet Kit ($13): Let your fashionista friend know how much you care by giving her this unique Leather Bracelet Kit that comes with everything she’ll need to whip up her very own pretty layered bracelet.
14. Juicy Kits Farm-Fresh Succulent With Pot ($24): Brighten someone’s day with a new succulent friend for their home or office. This simple DIY kit features a vibrant “Kiwi” aeonium, a fuzzy “Plush Plant” acheveria or an eye-catching “Zebra” haworthia plant and includes a ceramic cube pot, potting soil, eight ounces of jet black lava rock toppings and, of course, easy-to-follow instructions to care for the little guy.
15. Denik CS Lewis Notebook ($12): Besides being able to give your bestie an inspiring reminder of how awesome she is, this softcover notebook is a super thoughtful way to help her pen down those amazing thoughts and ideas on the go.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)