Sometimes we think we totally have this adulting thing in the bag — I mean, we do have a budget and an investment plan. So when we realized that we still have the same dumb credit card we’ve been using since college that basically gives us nothing back, we thought it was time to start researching some better alternatives. The result? Six credit cards with the best perks for every type of spender.
1. Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: With new offerings including grocery stores and restaurant delivery, Amazon has its hand in just about every industry these days. Now, with the help of Chase, this online shopping giant has released a new credit card that offers customers five percent back on ALL Amazon purchases with a Prime Membership (AKA, you no longer have to feel guilty about those late-night shopping hauls).
2. Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express: If you’re looking for something that’ll satisfy your online addiction but aren’t really too keen on only shopping with Amazon, this American Express card includes a ShopRunner membership. Plus you get a ton of travel benefits too, if you’re a frequent flyer. Membership is free for the first year, then $195 annually.
3. Citi/AAdvantage Executive WorldElite Mastercard: Ladies who spend all their moola on plane tix and travel expenses are going to *love* this jet-setting card. For your $450 annual fee, not only will you get a free checked bag and use of their lounge when you fly with American Airlines, but you’ll also get access to a ton of discounted flights.
4. Citi Prestige Card: Another card geared at travelers, the Citi Prestige Card is popular for its “complimentary fourth night” program. Simply book a minimum of four consecutive nights at a hotel through the Citi Prestige Concierge for a free night in any exotic locale. With additional perks that include a credit for applying to the Global Entry program and annual air travel credits applied toward charges like baggage fees and upgrades, the $450 annual fee will pay for itself after just a few stays!
5. Any Bank of America Credit Card: Although Bank of America has a ton of cards with different rewards to satisfy your financial needs, they all have one similar perk: BoA credit cards come with free access to over 150 museums across the US on the first full weekend of every month!
6. Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card: If you’re looking for a card that’ll give you a plethora of airline miles, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is definitely a great option — especially if you tie yourself to their Ultimate Rewards program for an earnings boost. You can earn as much as 2.5 percent of your total spending in rewards on dining and travel; they waive the $95 annual fee for your first year, and their signing bonus is one of the best around.
What kind of sweet rewards are you earning? Tweet us your favorite card perks @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Getty)