Get the Look: 15 Ideas to Steal from the Critics’ Choice Awards
The Critics’ Choice Television Awards were held in LA yesterday and the red carpet was filled with the best and brightest stars on your DVR. And we mean that seriously. Not only are these some of the best actors on TV, but they all have serious fashion sense we want to tune in to as well. From Emmy Rossum’s fab fuchsia look to Bellamy Young’s beautiful skirt set, we loved almost every thing we saw. Here are 15 shoppable (affordable!) styles to steal from the red carpet.
1. ASOS Midi Dress With Scoop Back ($54): As star Keri Russell knows, classic animal prints will never go out of style. You’ve just got to jazz them up a little — her gown plunges in the front and our pick plunges in the back.
2. Y.A.S Liza Dress With Leather Sleeve ($112): Adding leather accents to a dress is a perfect way to add a little bit of edginess to it. Aisha Tyler rocked this look.
3. ASOS T-Shirt Dress With Sheer Sleeve ($67): Best Supporting Actress (from our favorite drama, Scandal!), Bellamy Young’s overall ensemble was beautiful, but we’ve chosen to focus on that cool sheer sleeve detail. First Aisha, now Bellamy? Contrasting sleeves is the next trend we’re on.
4. ASOS Midaxi Skirt in Washed Floral Jacquard ($96): The painted-on look of these flowers adds such a great whimsical touch to these super structured skirts. Carrie Preston may not have won Best Guest Performer for The Good Wife, but she definitely won best skirt of the night.
5. Lipsy Body-Con Dress in Floral + Animal Print ($96): The Bridge’s Diane Kruger wore a dress in what we’re choosing to call an ombre floral print. Pretty snazzy, no? Her show was named one of the six Most Exciting New Series, but this print is what we’re all excited about.
6. ASOS Pleated Maxi Skirt ($77): Though you can’t really tell from far away, Shameless star Emmy Rossum wore an outfit that actually consisted of two parts — a one-shoulder crop top and a pleated maxi skirt. We love these bold shades of pink, and would definitely recommend wearing this skirt with some big contrasting earrings like Best Actress nom Emmy did.
7. ASOS Premium Blazer in Pinstripe ($35): While we weren’t huge fans of Kaley Cuoco’s baggy pants, her pinstripe blazer is a wardrobe staple that we need. Huge props to The Big Bang Theory‘s Best Supporting Actress nominee for trying out this menswear look.
8. TFNC Sequin Dress ($105): Allison Janney won both Best Supporting Actress for Mom and Best Guest Performer for Masters of Sex, and she definitely won our hearts over in this sequin dress. This is the perfect amount of shininess — not too little, not too overboard.
9. Warehouse Corset Bandeau Chiffon Dress ($64): Orange Is the New Black won Best Comedy Series last night, and we’re stoked. Laura Prepon looked pretty awesome, but we have two critiques: we wish she’d worn some colorful earrings to brighten up the outfit, and we definitely wish her gown didn’t have those Halloween-esque pleats at the bottom. So we took ’em out of our copycat look ;)
10. Oasis Butterfly Print Skater Dress ($56): Lizzy Caplan has come a long way from her days as Janis Ian. Not only was she nominated Best Actress for the Showtime hit Masters of Sex, but she’s become a total fashionista. When was the last time you saw a butterfly print worn so well?
11. Oasis Lace Tube Dress ($48): From Blossom to Big Bang, we love Mayim Bialik who looked red hot in this lace number. Her simple hairstyle and red lips definitely completed the look.
12. ASOS Pants in Straight Leg ($42): We applaud True Detective star Michelle Monaghan’s bold color choice.
13. Little Mistress Embellished Dress ($96): Minnie Driver looked like a Grecian goddess in this flowy cream gown. That embellished bodice is the bomb dot com.
14. ASOS Lace Cami Midi Dress ($38): OITNB‘s Natasha Lyonne’s look redefined the typical black gown. That see-through lace around the knees adds a flirty touch to the whole ensemble.
15. ASOS Pencil Dress With Asymmetric Ruffle ($92): Tatiana Maslany won Best Actress in a Drama Series for Orphan Black last night, and she also won best outfit of the night, in our opinion. That ruffle along the bodice of our pick definitely mimics that fabulous asymmetric peplum on her dress. This entire look was so simple, yet gorgeous.
Which star’s look was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!