Skip the tassels, the thread and all those teeny tiny beads, because we’re working with rocks today. You can find these versatile wonders at craft stores, museum gift shops or even in your own backyard, so there’s no excuse not to give ’em a chance. We’ve rounded up 11 DIYs, from jewelry to housewares, that make the most of gorgeous gems and rocks.
1. Amethyst Mirror: A gorgeous addition above a desk, dresser or really any piece of furniture. To create it yourself, you can even snag the same crystals in packs of 20 for $9 on Etsy. (via Design Love Fest)
2. Stone Filled Metal Bracelet: This cuff is sure to go with everything. And it only requires a few materials and a small amount of your time to put it together. (via Studs + Pearls)
3. Rock Statement Ring: Move over diamonds, there’s a new rock on our fingers. These wire-wrapped gold numbers are a serious statement indeed. (via Creme de la Craft)
4. Mineral Photo Display: Not only do these simple photo holders add some character to a room, but they can also provide a sutble pop of color. (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. Geode Topped Box: Give a simple jewelry or keepsake box a huge face lift with some glue and a rock. Diggin’ it! (Design O.C.D.)
6. Gold-Dipped Wire-Wrapped Necklace: This beauty can be wrapped or strung on a chain, ribbon or rope to create a necklace that fits perfectly with your style. (via Chic Steals)
7. Spiky Crystal Ring: Though this might look like a cleverly disguised weapon, we can assure you it’s just an awesome piece of jewelry. (via Transient Expression)
8. Jeweled Wine Stoppers: Pop those bottles, because you’ve got stylish corks to jam back in them when you can’t finish. (via Camille Styles)
9. Quartz Statement Necklace: Even though quartz is the second most abundant mineral, we’ll never get tired of seeing this beauty once it’s been crafted. (via The Chic Site)
10. Precious Stone Knobs: You may have spotted these shiny drawer pulls at your local Anthropologie in the past. But this tutorial teaches you how to ditch the high price tag and bring these babies into your closet on a budget. (via View Along the Way)
11. Bullet Casing Necklace Pendant: Not that we’d expect you to have bullet casings lying around… but if you happen to, then it’s definitely DIY time! (via Dans le Lakehouse)
Which of these DIYs caught your eye? Will you be crafting any crystal jewelry or housewares this weekend? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!