How to Make Custom Nude Nail Polish for Your Skintone
Diane Von Furstenberg just crushed the diversity game at NYFW. Here’s the scoop: We all know nude or au naturel nails are so in RN. Well, Rica Romain, celebrity manicurist from UK brand Nails Inc., took it one step further and created four custom nude shades to match every model’s skin tone for their show. Simple yet ah.maz.ing. Want in? Here are all the formulas for how to recreate the look at home.
View this post on Instagram
For the @dvf spring/fall collection, we customized a @nailsinc hue to accentuate every models natural complexion. After filing and buffing the natural nail using @flowerynails file apply @nailsinc #superfoodbasecoat as a foundation, we applied two coats of our hue, And completed detailing the look with @nailsinc #kensingtoncaviar 45 second topcoat #nails #nyfw2017 #lmcworldwide #ricaromain #naturalnails #nudes #ellegant
A post shared by Rica Romain NY/LA (@ricaromain) on
2. Medium Skin Tones: Mix ¼ of Bond Steet Passage (Sephora, $15) and ¼ of Sweet Almonds Powered by Matcha Polish in King William Walk ($15) combined with ½ NailKale Superfood Base Coat ($15).
3. Medium Skin Tones With Olive Undertones: Mix ¼ Sweet Almonds Powered by Matcha Polish in King William Walk ($15) with 2/3 NailKale Superfood Base Coat ($15).
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by DVF - Diane von Furstenberg (@dvf) on
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations
(Feature Image via Gilbert Carrasquillo/GC Images)
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.