This Instagram Eyeliner Trend Might Be Cooler Than a Cat-Eye
If you’re anything like us, you routinely find yourself spending hours on end Googling the latest beauty secrets from your fave beauty bloggers. You’re most likely already familiar with the spoon cat-eye hack or Kylie Jenner’s mascara trick, but we bet there’s one eyeliner trend you may not recognize. The #spooncutcrease look has been rising to the top on Instagram, and it’s a surprisingly easy way to make your eyes appear bigger and more defined. All you need is a plastic spoon to use as a template to trace your lids with shadow or eyeliner, and voila! You have a perfectly creased line. Excited to try this trick at home? Get inspired by these Instababes, and see how they cut-crease their lids below.
1. Editorial Crease: While this model is channelling girly vibes in a babydoll dress and cotton-candy fur jacket, her beauty look tells another story. Contrast a decidedly sweet ensemble with statement lids and a vampy lip.
2. Classic Crease: Wear this dramatic beauty look with an equally glam velvet dress and voluminous curls. Complement the linear effect on your lids with a strong brow and look-at-me falsies.
3. Colorblock Crease: Take your shadow game up a notch with a cut crease in two distinct hues. Analese’s look is perfect for a warm-weather date night — just throw on a deep-V summer jumpsuit and you’re good to go.
4. Neon Streak: Introducing the music festival beauty look you never knew you needed. Accent this fun take on the cut crease technique with playful stickers and woke-up-like-this locks.
5. Pink Shimmer: Take a note from this beauty blogger and line your eyes with a hint of brown shadow to create depth and dimension. Complete the look with rose-gold earrings and a bubble-gum pout, then head out to brunch with the girls.
6. Doubly Bold: Let your eyes do all the talking with this double-rainbow crease. Pair with your go-to LBD to keep the focus on your lids.
7. Alien Invasion: Linda is NOT shy about using bright, unexpected colors in her beauty look. Copy her look and give off majorly futuristic vibes at an avant-garde gallery opening.
8. Touch of Romance: Shirley is ready to Netflix and chill in a toned-down version of the cut-crease trend. Transform the look for a night out by subbing in a darker shadow and adding some fab statement earrings.
9. Barbie-Pink Crease: Kimberly proves you can rock a single color from head to toe without it feeling overwhelming. This Barbie-approved look is perfect for your bestie’s bachelorette party.
Will you try this beauty hack? Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo.