9 Looks That Will Inspire You to Rock Dark Lips at Your Wedding
When it comes to bridal beauty, we usually see a slew of glowing options designed to take your natural beauty to the next level. Wedding beauty has always erred on the side of classic (you’re going to have those pictures forever, after all), with natural eyeshadows, a glamorous red lip and perhaps a cat-eye thrown in for good measure. This fall, however, brides are getting a little more adventurous, with looks that don’t compromise on look-at-me appeal or runway-inspired details. Iridescent makeup, strong brows and glossy lids are just a few of the fall 2016 wedding beauty trends we’re obsessing over. But the real standout style this season is, without a doubt the dark, dramatic, vampy lip. A fall wedding is a perfect time to channel your inner vixen with shades of deep plums, burgundy and rich red that are as luxurious as they are unexpected. Scroll down for nine divas who show us how to wear the deep-hued lippie look on your wedding day.
1. Pretty in Plum: Take the classic red pout to another level with this perfectly plum shade for fall. This beautiful bride opted for a lush eye and simple bronze cheeks to complete her look, putting her purple pout front and center on her big day.
2. Stunning in Wine: This understated and modern dress (with on-trend cutouts, no less), minimalist bouquet and sleek low ponytail pair perfectly with this bride’s deep wine lip color. The rich tone of her lipstick complements this low-key vibe and adds instant sophistication to her style.
3. Classic in Cranberry: Elevate your bold, vampy style by taking inspo from this stunning bride. Reach for cranberry colors with undertones of autumnal brown and mauve for a richer, more complex lippie.
4. Crimson Ombre: Torn between a bright red and a more classic crimson on your big day? Go for both with a gorgeous ombre effect. Not only does this look mean that you don’t have to choose between your two faves, but it also gives the illusion of plumper pout.
5. Burgundy Bride: What better way to bring your Great Gatsby-themed wedding to life than with a vintage-inspired, bedazzled flapper wedding gown and a deep burgundy pout? The moody shade is just the right amount of color for a look boasting major bling and antique jewels.
6. Wine Shine: This glossy wine look blends two fall 2016 bridal beauty trends — all-gloss everything and dark lip colors — for makeup that’s polished to perfection. Paired with a matte face, it really stands out without looking overdone.
7. Metallic Bordeaux: Going for nighttime nuptials and a cocktail party reception? Sounds like an invitation to something a little more daring. This metallic Bordeaux lippie has just the right amount of shine to make a statement without venturing into Studio 54 territory.
8. Violet Vixen: A cascade of curls and bright red lipstick go hand and hand, but shake it up a bit for your big day by reaching for a dark violet stick. Not only is the deep hue gorgeously unexpected, but it will also make your teeth look whiter. Win-win!
9. Boldest Plum: Take a walk on the wild — err, purple — side with this deepest of deep plum matte lipsticks. Go big or go home by coupling this matte style with an equally dramatic smokey eye, or keep it simple with a natural bronzey finish.
Follow us on Pinterest for more wedding day beauty inspiration!