As you may have gathered, this week at Brit + Co. has been all about Dia de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead. And you guessed it! We’re wrapping up the week with a festive fiesta filled with sugar skulls in just about every shape and size. Here’s how to make your own DIY Dia de los Muertos celebration! The best part? You can buy the complete Dia de Los Muertos Party Kit in our shop!
1. Sugar Skull Invites: Gotta kick off the party with the right invite. Print out these beauties and your friends will be very impressed.
2. Sugar Skull Pumpkins: Next up, guess how we made these? Sharpie! Seriously. How dope is that?
3. The Best Treat Bag Stickers We’ve Ever Made: What party would be complete without some treats? Give your guests take-home treat bags decorated with these awesome Dia de los Muertos-inspired stickers. Get these fun treat bags in our Halloween shop!
4. Day of the Dead Makeup: Sport a half-dead attitude by donning yourself in some serious Dia de los Muertos makeup. Rawr!
6. Tres Leche Skull Cake Balls: How fun are these? You can use edible food markers to make similar skull designs.
9. Jewel Tone Candlesticks: Of course, candlesticks seem to be a staple at all of our Halloween parties so we painted up a collection of jewel tone ones for this party.
10. Color-Blocked Table Runner: And finally, a runner to place everything on! You can use tape and fabric paint to make your own.
What kind of party will you throw or attend this year? Tell us about it in the comments below.