Summer babies mean summer baby showers and toddler birthday parties galore. You ready? Instead of gifting the remaining $30 diaper cream and thermometer from the registry or wrapping up the same old book-and-stuffed-animal combo, why not make something a little more personal? This list will give you some serious inspiration for DIY gifts that both mom and baby/kiddo will love.
1. DIY Waterproof Diaper Clutch: The beach, pool, and lake are all places where having waterproof gear would be incredibly useful. Your mom friends will thank you a million times over for this one, especially given how trendy the print is. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. DIY Bandana Bibs: There’s drool (so much drool!), especially during teething. These summer prints will coordinate with the cutest of baby rompers and swimsuits. (via Hello, Wonderful)
3. DIY Harem Bloomers: Were you prepared for how expensive kids clothes are? Given that they only wear them for a few weeks at a time, save yourself the pain at the register and make a few pairs of harem pants. (via Lovely Indeed)
4. DIY Duffel Bag: It’s probably too big for a diaper bag, but it’s the right size for an overnight baby bag. It can hold every single toy, onesie, and diaper needed for 24 hours. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Baby Swing: You could blow your gifting competition out of the water with this DIY swing. It’s ideal for toddlers who need to be contained while mom does some gardening. (via The Makerista)
6. DIY Stenciled Overalls: For a serious jolt of color and pattern, stencil clothes as a gift. These overalls are nice for late summer and fall, but you can easily do the same for a sundress or romper. (via Handmade Charlotte)
7. DIY Colorful Wooden Pacifier Clip: You cannot imagine the panic and ensuing search when someone realizes their kid’s soother is missing while out on a walk. Help them avoid the entire scenario with a pacifier clip. (via Sisters, What!)
What do you plan on making? Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!