Hey brides. We feel for you. We really do. You have a million and one decisions to make… and that’s stressful… and that’s how bridezilla ends up rearing her ugly head. Take a deep breathe. The wedding experts are here to answer at least one of your questions: What to gift your bridesmaids? I mean, you didn’t select just anyone Jane Doe to stand next to you up at the altar, so show your favorite ladies how special they are with a one-of-a-kind DIY gift. Whether you want it to be a sentimental token of your friendship or something to wear on the day of — or both — we’ve got 13 ideas that you’ll want to get into a committed DIY relationship with and stat.
1. Glitter Tin Candles: We bet your bridesmaids add more than a little sparkle to your life. You better believe this glitter candle is symbolic. (via Something Turquoise)
2. Photo Flip Book: GIFs predecessor, a photo flip book is a fun way to capture your favorite moments with your besties. (via Brit + Co.)
3. Cinch Bag: Whether or not you know how to sew, this bag is a cinch (literally)! Fill it with goodies for the ultimate bridesmaids gift bag. (via Sweet Verbena)
4. Homemade Foot Scrub: At-home pedicures take us back to our middle school slumber party days and make for a fun, reminiscent weekend activity. (via Bohemian Kate)
5. Personalized Note Cards: You don’t have to be a calligraphist or letterpress aficionado to make an elegant set of note cards for your pals. (via Elli)
6. Hidden Message Locket: DIY a hidden note inside a one-of-a-kind bauble. (via Indigo Bunting)
7. Red Wine Sea Salt: A great gift for the girl who loves to experiment with new flavors in the kitchen. (via Two Loves)
8. Studded Sunglasses: If you’re planning an outdoor wedding, bling out a pair of sunglasses so your ladies can protect their peepers with style. (via A Splendid Assemblage)
9. Knot Chain Bracelet: The most sophisticated friendship bracelet we can think of. Pro Tip: Shop our Braided Gold Chain Accessories kit to get started. (via I Spy DIY)
10. Thread Wrapped Necklace: Opt to spell out “love” like the example here, or keep it extra personal by wrapping the first letter of your bridesmaids’ first names with their favorite color floss. (via Studs and Pearls)
11. Survival Kit: Usually reserved for the bride, day-of essentials are something your ‘maids could use as well. Pack mints, deodorant wipes, mini sewing kit, etc. in a personalized case, tote, or bag. (via Brit + Co.)
12. Homemade Lip Balm: Let your bridesmaids keep their smackers smooth and tasty with our DIY Lip Balm Kit. Pro Tip: This will go great in that bridesmaids survival kit. (via Brit + Co.)
13. Embroidery: Hand embroider a day of item for your maids, like a handkerchief as this tutorial suggests. Or opt for something a little more fun, like robes or oversized mens shirts that you can wear as you’re getting ready for the big day. (via Once Wed)
What are you DIYing for your maids? Tell us in the comments below. And don’t forget to set up your wedding website if you haven’t already.