Wedding Hack: 13 DIY Gifts for Your ‘Maids
Hey brides. We feel for you. We really do. You have a million and one decisions to make… and that’s stressful… and that’s how bridezilla ends up rearing her ugly head. Take a deep breathe. The wedding experts are here to answer at least one of your questions: What to gift your bridesmaids? I mean, you didn’t select just anyone Jane Doe to stand next to you up at the altar, so show your favorite ladies how special they are with a one-of-a-kind DIY gift. Whether you want it to be a sentimental token of your friendship or something to wear on the day of — or both — we’ve got 13 ideas that you’ll want to get into a committed DIY relationship with and stat.
8. Studded Sunglasses: If you’re planning an outdoor wedding, bling out a pair of sunglasses so your ladies can protect their peepers with style. (via A Splendid Assemblage)
10. Thread Wrapped Necklace: Opt to spell out “love” like the example here, or keep it extra personal by wrapping the first letter of your bridesmaids’ first names with their favorite color floss. (via Studs and Pearls)
11. Survival Kit: Usually reserved for the bride, day-of essentials are something your ‘maids could use as well. Pack mints, deodorant wipes, mini sewing kit, etc. in a personalized case, tote, or bag. (via Brit + Co.)
12. Homemade Lip Balm: Let your bridesmaids keep their smackers smooth and tasty with our DIY Lip Balm Kit. Pro Tip: This will go great in that bridesmaids survival kit. (via Brit + Co.)
13. Embroidery: Hand embroider a day of item for your maids, like a handkerchief as this tutorial suggests. Or opt for something a little more fun, like robes or oversized mens shirts that you can wear as you’re getting ready for the big day. (via Once Wed)
What are you DIYing for your maids? Tell us in the comments below. And don’t forget to set up your wedding website if you haven’t already.