We know the summer struggle well: It’s warm outside, the sun is shining, and while it’s tempting to forget our day job and head outside, most of us have to spend nine to five in front of a computer screen. But surrounding ourselves with cute and colorful office supplies can definitely help with inspiration and productivity. For starters, bring the outside in with this adorable toy dinosaur planter, aka your new cubicle buddy.
- — soft plastic or rubber toy
- spray paint
- air plant
1. Carefully cut a hole in the top of your dinosaur with a cutter.
2. Apply spray paint to the entire dinosaur.
3. Let dry.
4. Add an air plant. That’s it!
- If your dino dude is plastic, feel free to add water and make it a vase for flowers!
- First up, cut a hole in the back of your toy. (We suggest using one made of soft plastic or rubber, as hard plastic is tricky to cut.) Spray paint the toy and let dry. Now you can pot your plant. We went for air plants, as they need no topsoil and are therefore much easier to work with.
- And there you have it! A fun, easy and inexpensive project that’s sure to liven up your workspace.
Have you ever made unconventional planters? What’s your favorite kind? Let us know in the comments below!