20 Laundry Bags to Make Chores More Fun
Laundry may not be the most fun chore in the world, but, hey, somebody’s gotta do it. Somebody = you. And no one said you can’t add a little style to this task to make your life a little easier… or at least a lot more colorful! With that in mind, we’ve gathered up 20 of the best and brightest laundry bags to buy and DIY. Grab your quarters, kids!
1. Zigzag Over-the-Shoulder Laundry Bag ($34): This bright chevron bag is easy to carry, even when you’ve got a lot of clothes to wash.
5. Drawstring Laundry Bag ($58): This sweet and sophisticated print is a must for your laundry room. It’ll let you stop and smell the roses while you’re laundering away.
7. Ruffled Laundry Bag ($39): “No frills” isn’t always a good thing. Sometimes frills can make your life easier — the proof is in this chic bag.
8. DIY Ruffled Laundry Bag: Love the look of the ruffled bag above, but not the price? This tutorial will let you DIY your own version. We’d love to see this one attempted in different colors and patterns… we’re thinking ombre. (via Smashed Peas and Carrots)
9. Canvas Laundry Bag ($30): This color blocked tote looks more like a carry-all than a laundry bag, so it will look right at home in your space.
11. Bike Laundry Bag ($34): This bag caters to the hipster in all of us. We’re loving the minimalist design.
12. Travel Drawstring Bag: A quick DIY is all you need to get the perfect bag for all your travels. No more messing with those plastic hotel bags to separate out your dirty clothes. (via A Spoonful of Sugar)
13. Novelty Laundry Bags ($6 each): Who doesn’t need a laugh while they’re doing laundry? These fun bags are inexpensive and durable.
15. Travel Laundry Bag ($5 each): This compact bag won’t fill up your suitcase, but will let you pack your dirty undies away in style.
17. Easy Sort Laundry Bags ($49 for 3): Not only do these bags let you keep your clothes sorted, they also feature washing instructions just in case you need a refresher course.
19. Where It’s Atlas Laundry Bag ($10): Travel the world from the comfort of your laundry room. Warning: this beautiful bag may induce wanderlust. Although we’re not entirely sure that’s a bad thing ;)
20. Practice Conservation Laundry Bag ($39): And finally, be kind to the environment. Get a little reminder every time you do your laundry to save water and resources. Mother Earth will thank you.
How do you add a little flair to your daily chores? Let us know in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.