20 Laundry Bags to Make Chores More Fun
Laundry may not be the most fun chore in the world, but, hey, somebody’s gotta do it. Somebody = you. And no one said you can’t add a little style to this task to make your life a little easier… or at least a lot more colorful! With that in mind, we’ve gathered up 20 of the best and brightest laundry bags to buy and DIY. Grab your quarters, kids!
1. Zigzag Over-the-Shoulder Laundry Bag ($34): This bright chevron bag is easy to carry, even when you’ve got a lot of clothes to wash.
5. Drawstring Laundry Bag ($58): This sweet and sophisticated print is a must for your laundry room. It’ll let you stop and smell the roses while you’re laundering away.
7. Ruffled Laundry Bag ($39): “No frills” isn’t always a good thing. Sometimes frills can make your life easier — the proof is in this chic bag.
8. DIY Ruffled Laundry Bag: Love the look of the ruffled bag above, but not the price? This tutorial will let you DIY your own version. We’d love to see this one attempted in different colors and patterns… we’re thinking ombre. (via Smashed Peas and Carrots)
9. Canvas Laundry Bag ($30): This color blocked tote looks more like a carry-all than a laundry bag, so it will look right at home in your space.
11. Bike Laundry Bag ($34): This bag caters to the hipster in all of us. We’re loving the minimalist design.
12. Travel Drawstring Bag: A quick DIY is all you need to get the perfect bag for all your travels. No more messing with those plastic hotel bags to separate out your dirty clothes. (via A Spoonful of Sugar)
13. Novelty Laundry Bags ($6 each): Who doesn’t need a laugh while they’re doing laundry? These fun bags are inexpensive and durable.
15. Travel Laundry Bag ($5 each): This compact bag won’t fill up your suitcase, but will let you pack your dirty undies away in style.
17. Easy Sort Laundry Bags ($49 for 3): Not only do these bags let you keep your clothes sorted, they also feature washing instructions just in case you need a refresher course.
19. Where It’s Atlas Laundry Bag ($10): Travel the world from the comfort of your laundry room. Warning: this beautiful bag may induce wanderlust. Although we’re not entirely sure that’s a bad thing ;)
20. Practice Conservation Laundry Bag ($39): And finally, be kind to the environment. Get a little reminder every time you do your laundry to save water and resources. Mother Earth will thank you.
How do you add a little flair to your daily chores? Let us know in the comments below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.