20 Laundry Bags to Make Chores More Fun
Laundry may not be the most fun chore in the world, but, hey, somebody’s gotta do it. Somebody = you. And no one said you can’t add a little style to this task to make your life a little easier… or at least a lot more colorful! With that in mind, we’ve gathered up 20 of the best and brightest laundry bags to buy and DIY. Grab your quarters, kids!
1. Zigzag Over-the-Shoulder Laundry Bag ($34): This bright chevron bag is easy to carry, even when you’ve got a lot of clothes to wash.
5. Drawstring Laundry Bag ($58): This sweet and sophisticated print is a must for your laundry room. It’ll let you stop and smell the roses while you’re laundering away.
7. Ruffled Laundry Bag ($39): “No frills” isn’t always a good thing. Sometimes frills can make your life easier — the proof is in this chic bag.
8. DIY Ruffled Laundry Bag: Love the look of the ruffled bag above, but not the price? This tutorial will let you DIY your own version. We’d love to see this one attempted in different colors and patterns… we’re thinking ombre. (via Smashed Peas and Carrots)
9. Canvas Laundry Bag ($30): This color blocked tote looks more like a carry-all than a laundry bag, so it will look right at home in your space.
11. Bike Laundry Bag ($34): This bag caters to the hipster in all of us. We’re loving the minimalist design.
12. Travel Drawstring Bag: A quick DIY is all you need to get the perfect bag for all your travels. No more messing with those plastic hotel bags to separate out your dirty clothes. (via A Spoonful of Sugar)
13. Novelty Laundry Bags ($6 each): Who doesn’t need a laugh while they’re doing laundry? These fun bags are inexpensive and durable.
15. Travel Laundry Bag ($5 each): This compact bag won’t fill up your suitcase, but will let you pack your dirty undies away in style.
17. Easy Sort Laundry Bags ($49 for 3): Not only do these bags let you keep your clothes sorted, they also feature washing instructions just in case you need a refresher course.
19. Where It’s Atlas Laundry Bag ($10): Travel the world from the comfort of your laundry room. Warning: this beautiful bag may induce wanderlust. Although we’re not entirely sure that’s a bad thing ;)
20. Practice Conservation Laundry Bag ($39): And finally, be kind to the environment. Get a little reminder every time you do your laundry to save water and resources. Mother Earth will thank you.
How do you add a little flair to your daily chores? Let us know in the comments below!
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.