20 Swoon-Worthy Laundry Rooms…Yep, Laundry Rooms
Decorating the laundry room may not exactly have you jumping up and down with excitement, but the truth is, we spend an awful lot of time in that little room, and there is no reason it can’t be a pretty space! Decorating a laundry room is all about creating a comfortable and inviting zone in your home. Think light color schemes, convenient storage and good organization. Check out these gorgeous rooms for some inspiration on how to create a laundry room that will bring a little joy back into your daily routine.
3. Clean Contemporary: Consider updating your appliances; modern washers and driers save on time and energy, giving you more time to do things you actually want to be doing. (via Planning and Building)
5. Black and White: You want the color palette in the laundry room to reflect the style throughout the rest of your house, but also to have a little bit of fun. Creative accents like patterned wallpaper are perfect for hiding scuffed walls. (via Abbott Moon Design)
7. Tiled and Grouted: Ceramic tiles are perfect for laundry rooms because they stand up to wear and tear and are a breeze to clean. They come in a huge range of colors, so you can have fun with the backsplash design. (via Braam’s)
8. Potted Plants: Adding small decor items like plants is perfect for creating a comfortable, stress-free atmosphere. Thanks to the wood paneling and tiled floor, this traditionally styled laundry room has a distinctive European flair. (via Style at Home)
12. Nautical Stripes: You can almost hear the ocean from this coastal-inspired laundry room. The blue appliances are balanced by an all white decor for the perfect amount of beach charm. (via Style at Home)
15. Be Creative: Because there isn’t a lot of counter space to spare, take advantage of your wall space to add decorative touches like bright paint or cute pictures. Think of your storage baskets as decor too and find pieces with color and texture. (via A Beautiful Mess)
19. Mud Room Combo: If you’re combining the mud room with the laundry, make use of lots of built-in cabinets to store supplies, pet accessories and seasonal decorations for a room that is now your one-stop shop for getting chores done. (via Rock Paper Hammer)
20. Blue Glam: Talk about a glamorous laundry room. Sleek, minimalistic decor is the ideal complement for bold, blue appliances. Somehow the room looks both modern and vintage at the same time. (via Style Me Pretty)
Did any of these rooms inspire you to start a load of laundry? Let us know in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.