New Year’s Eve is an extra special holiday—you don’t wake up to a brand new year every day now, do ya? ;) So if you’re throwing a party to celebrate, why not treat your guests to something, well, just as extra special, like any one of these festive DIY party favors. These thoughtful take-away trinkets and sweet treats will undoubtedly boost the bash to a real night to remember!
2. Glitter Marshmallows: Wow your guests with a favor bag full of these homemade marshmallows sprinkled with edible glitter stars. Plop one of these sweet stunners into a cup of hot cocoa the the next am. (via Shrimp Salad Circus)
3. Mini Disco Balls: Scatter these sequined disco balls across your drink table to amp up your glitzy NYE decor, but don’t just stop there! These mini orbs would make quite a statement accessory: think drop earrings or even as clip on baubles for your shoes! (via A Subtle Revelry)
5. DIY Party Blowers: You won’t believe how easy it is to make party blowers—just pick up an extra large straw, artfully roll some tissue paper, and you’ve got endless entertainment for the entire evening. (via Julep)
6. Pink Champagne Cake Pops: Get your bubbly fix in two forms this New Year’s Eve: with a fizzy drink and with these pink champagne cake pops. We love how they’re presented in a champagne flute—so cute! (via Keep It Sweet Desserts)
7. Corked Confetti Vials: Forget paper poppers—this is one seriously cool way to package confetti. We’re not gonna lie, we’d keep any extras with us in our purse incase we were ever at the right place at the right time for an impromptu confetti toss! Hey, a girl can dream ;) (via Un Beau Jour)
8. Resolution Reminder Bracelet: Elevate the importance of a simple DIY bracelet by dubbing it a resolution reminder (genius move). We love the idea that you could make these with a group of friends and slap ‘em on together at midnight to encourage each other to stay on track in the new year. (via Poppytalk)
9. Polka Dot Party Horns: For making such a hullabaloo, New Year’s Eve noisemakers sure are plain. That’s why we’re tipping our party hats to this blogger who amped up these horns with glittery polka dots that suit our style much better. (via Studio DIY)
10. Confetti Clock Cookies: We’re obsessed with these “confetti”-filled clock cookies that spill out more and more colorful star sprinkles with each bite. If you ask us, it’s a must-make NYE favor. (via Repeat Crafter Me)
11. Sewn Star Confetti Packets: Here’s another clever way to package confetti: in sewn star packets. They’re great packets to stash other smaller favors too, like noisemakers and photo booth props. (via Fiskars)
12. Holiday Sparklers: Okay, here’s where the party can get really exciting: unleash the sparklers! Or keep them under wraps until after the bash with the help of this free printable template. (via Bloom Designs)
13. Hello Cupcake Topper: Can you believe there was ever a time when cupcakes weren’t finished with a topper? (We know we’re glad to be past that bare bones phase!). Add this posh pennant to cupcakes, brownies, or any other fluffy finger food you bake for your lucky guests. (via Poppytalk)
14. Ombre Glitter Gift Pouch: You had us at ombre glitter. This super cool gift pouch can easily be repurposed as an everyday carryall to stylishly tote essentials like sunglasses or headphones. (via Confetti Pop)
Will you be wowing your guests with homemade favors this year? Did we miss any cool DIY favors that we should know about? Tell us in the comments below.