17 Golden Ways to Ring in 2014
We can’t think of anything more fun to do on New Year’s Eve than to round up our homies for a posh party. And as all killer hostesses know, there are a few must-have items you’ll need (besides the bubbly, of course!) to make your home ready to ring in 2014. The ultimate way to do it—with sparkle! We’re talking way more than tossing confetti on your coffee table: think glittery party props, glammed out accessories, and even shiny home decor that can act as statement furniture after the clock strikes midnight.
We found our 17 favorite party-ready decor items through Polyvore, then put it all together in one totally tricked out set that’s bursting with that glitzy NYE vibe. Polyvore’s home search made our party planning incredibly easy, so now all that’s left to do is pick out our outfits! (We think we know a good place on the web to do that, too!) :)
1. Bubbly Gold Champagne Flutes Set of 4 ($35): We love this sturdy and stylish alternative to traditional stemmed glassware. We go ga-ga for gilded cocktail accessories, so it’s no surprise this bubbly flute is at the top of our list!
2. Gold Chevron Paper Straws ($5): Make sipping extra special with these festive paper straws. The classic chevron pattern makes any item instantly more glamorous.
3. Cheers Letter Set (price unavailable): It’s not a New Year’s Eve party without a proper toast! Set a celebratory tone with this elegant silver letter set, perfect for perching on mantels or entryway tables.
4. Gold Dipped Milk Glass Vases (price unavailable): If you ask us, gold dipped home accessories are chic must-haves all year round. This particular set of gilded vases has already sold, but don’t fret—it’s super easy to DIY this luxe look, which works just as well on candle holders and woven baskets, too!
5. Kate Spade Glitter Coasters ($35): Technicolor glitter coasters? We’ll take two sets! ;) We can’t think of a more perfect way to glam up our coffee table.
6. Glitter Tart Slicer ($23): Cutting a cake in honor of the new year? There’s no more festive way to do it than with this glitter slicer (don’t worry—it’s totally food and dishwasher safe!). The best part is it also comes in silver!
7. Mod Gold Table Runner ($83): Here’s the perfect way to amp up your dining table without going overboard. This vinyl, chain link table runner gives off just the right amount of metallic shine while you dine.
8. Gold Wishbone Art Print ($27): Looking for a more permanent way to add some glam to your living space? Try adding a gold tinted art print to your space. This cute wishbone graphic is abstract enough to fit in with most modern aesthetics.
9. Gold Glitter Pillar Candle ($11): Talk about mood lighting! These gold and glitter candles were made for a sparkly NYE bash.
10. Martil Faux Leather Ottoman in Gold Design ($275): Yes, you do need a gold pouf for your New Year’s Eve party. Not only will this pretty pouf add extra seating to your space and dazzle your guests at the same time, it can double as your signature piece of statement furniture all 2014 long. If the price tag is the only thing that’s stopping you, check how you can DIY your own on the cheap!
11. Mint Dessert Tissue Paper Tassel Garland (price unavailable): Not only is this pretty tissue paper garland a fun way to spruce up your walls (the mint and gold color palette is to die for), but it also makes the perfect photo booth backdrop—and we should know! We love how the festive garland looks as the backdrop for our photo booth.
12. 2014 Photobooth Props ($16): Speaking of photo booths, you just can’t set up a scene without giving your guests a slew of silly props! Have this sparkly set around to enhance your caught-on-camera antics.
13. Chevron Paper Mache Ball Ornament ($13): Who says ornaments are just for Christmastime? This posh paper ball can be a versatile decor piece, festively hanging from sconces or piled in a glass hurricane as a chic centerpiece.
14. Faceted Terrarium ($158): Terrariums are all the rage nowadays, and this copper trimmed vessel is one of the prettiest out there. It’s hands down the most elegant way to display your houseplants.
16. Between a Rock and a Lamp Base ($79): Obsessed with all things geo? So are we, which is why this killer faceted lamp base is on our must-have party list. It’s one element of decor that’s sure to wow your guests, and yet another awesome way to slip some shimmer into your everyday decor.
17. Star Vintage Marquee Light ($240): Nostalgic marquee lights, like this vintage star-shaped number, are one of our favorite ways to make an event feel super special. You wouldn’t believe how easy it is to make one yourself (for reals!)—why not give our DIY a try before the 31st?
How will you glam up your NYE party this year? Do you go for sparkles or lean on another festive theme? Tell us about your party plans in the comments below!