Get the confetti and cocktail-making supplies out, it’s time to get ready for the biggest boozy night of the year: New Year’s Eve! We’ve got 21 tasty cocktail recipes here that’ll help you ring in the new year in festive fashion. And just in case these concoctions prove too tempting, we have you covered with a DIY recovery kit and a roundup of hangover-cure foods.
1. French 75 Punch: There’s just something about this classic cocktail that pairs so well with New Year’s Eve frivolity — give this punch version from Cocktails for a Crowd a try at your next party! (via Chronicle Books)
6. Pink Grapefruit and Thyme Bellinis: Thyme simple syrup, grapefruit and Prosecco combine to create a wintery twist on the classic bellini — terrific for New Year’s Eve or the morning after. (via Food Network)
7. Champagne, Lemon and Lavender Cocktail: Gin plus lavender and a double dose of lemon courtesy of Limoncello and freshly squeezed citrus create a refreshing, herbal cocktail when topped with bubbly. (via Mont d’Hor Champagne)
12. Basil Vodka Fizz: Channel the ladies of Ab Fab with this basil-infused vodka and Champagne cocktail. Use Stoli vodka and Bollinger Champagne for the most authentic experience! (via Kristen LeQuire)
13. Pomegranate Margaritas: Whether you’re mixing drinks for one or a crowd, margaritas are always a solid choice. This version incorporates pomegranate, a food symbolizing prosperity for the year ahead! (via So Let’s Hangout)
14. Sparkling Apple-Pear Mock Sangria: Sparkling cider is always a terrific option for non-drinkers, but on such a festive occasion those folks deserve a “cocktail” of sorts, too! It gets dolled up here with the addition of sliced pears, apples, pomegranate seeds and a few other surprises — and yes, it can even be spiked if you like! (via Boulder Locavore)
15. Bad Day at Work: New Year’s Eve falls on a Tuesday this year, so if you’re spending the day at the office before hitting up the evening’s festivities you may find this entertainingly-named cocktail especially appealing. (via NY Times)
17. Mulled White Wine with Pear Brandy: Mulled wine is a traditional New Year’s Eve drink in some parts of the world, so we’d be remiss if we failed to include at least one version of the warming drink. A splash of pear brandy amps up this spice-infused concoction! (via Food52)
18. Lemon-Cassis Jelly Shots: How good do these look? Grape Jello and creme de cassis create a rich, almost-black layer atop a sour lemon-vodka base in these classy, edible cocktails. (via 10th Kitchen)
20. Kombucha Punch: Start those resolutions a day early — well, kind of — with this Kombucha punch that combines three complementary flavors of the fermented tea with assorted fruit, vodka and bubbly. (via Brit + Co.)
What’s your go-to drink for ringing in the new year? Share in the comments along with any foolproof hangover cures!